- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
After Arsenal’s CL exit, RTE panel discuss if Spurs can make an impact next season
- Updated: March 14, 2013
This video is likely to inspire some debate in north London!
As ever, the RTE panel were forthright in their opinions following Arsenal’s win at Bayern Munich which ultimately wasn’t enough to keep them in the Champions League this season.
Kenny Cunningham joined Eamonn Dunphy and Johnny Giles, in place of former Gunners great Liam Brady, and at the end of the game, the ex-Wimbledon and Birmingham defender was forthright in his thoughts on Arsenal and Spurs.
Cunningham predicts that Arsenal may not realise their full potential in the Champions League until they sack Arsene Wenger, a situation he feels could come about as early as this summer.
He then goes on to say that Arsenal’s great north London rivals Tottenham could “make an impact in the Champions League next season.”
This opinion seems rather premature considering Spurs have not qualified yet for the competition and experienced a meltdown this time last season, when they were also third in the Premier League.
Dunphy questions Cunningham’s assessment, arguing that the two late goals Spurs conceded at Liverpool on Sunday suggest they are not good enough for the premier competition in Europe.
Presenter Bill O’Herlihy then wonders if Tottenham can hold on to star man Gareth Bale, with Cunningham assuring him they will and seemed confident that they would do well in the Champions League, like they did two seasons ago.