Olympiakos had a JFT96 banner earlier in the year. Last night a Liverpool style YNWA banner was in Piraeus [Picture]
- December 11, 2013
Ask a person on the street to say the first thing that comes into their mind when they hear the words “Olympiakos and Liverpool” and the answer you are most likely to hear is Steven Gerrard.
However there seems to be a lot more uniting the Liverpool and Piraeus clubs, as has been seen in a couple of banners during the 2013/14 season.
At the start of the season a big JFT96 banner was spotted at Olympiakos in the match against Panthrakikos (see above), while on Tuesday night in the Champions League a large “You’ll Never Walk Alone” banner was spotted during the Anderlecht game.
The YNWA banner at Olympiakos, however, has a specific local meaning as the club had their own fan disaster in 1981 which claimed the lives of 21 supporters at Karaiskakis Stadium. 20 fans were Olympiakos supporters while one fan was an AEK supporter.
Olympiakos beat Anderlecht 3-1 to qualify out of the group into the Champions League knockout phase.
A picture of Olympiakos’ YNWA banner at the Anderlecht game is below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...