Olympiakos had a JFT96 banner earlier in the year. Last night a Liverpool style YNWA banner was in Piraeus [Picture]
Ask a person on the street to say the first thing that comes into their mind when they hear the words “Olympiakos and Liverpool” and the answer you are most likely to hear is Steven Gerrard.
However there seems to be a lot more uniting the Liverpool and Piraeus clubs, as has been seen in a couple of banners during the 2013/14 season.
At the start of the season a big JFT96 banner was spotted at Olympiakos in the match against Panthrakikos (see above), while on Tuesday night in the Champions League a large “You’ll Never Walk Alone” banner was spotted during the Anderlecht game.
The YNWA banner at Olympiakos, however, has a specific local meaning as the club had their own fan disaster in 1981 which claimed the lives of 21 supporters at Karaiskakis Stadium. 20 fans were Olympiakos supporters while one fan was an AEK supporter.
Olympiakos beat Anderlecht 3-1 to qualify out of the group into the Champions League knockout phase.
A picture of Olympiakos’ YNWA banner at the Anderlecht game is below.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex-Liverpool players have reunion after Fenerbahce win at Feyenoord [Instagram]December 9, 2016
- Joel Matip gives Liverpool a terrific Christmas presentDecember 9, 2016
- It’s not certain Liverpool will lose Joel Matip in JanuaryDecember 8, 2016
- Joey Barton calls out Steven Gerrard’s coaching credentials (Video)December 8, 2016
- Chelsea finally get Marko Marin off their books [Sport1]August 22, 2016
- Jason Bourne-esque: Details reveal how Alan Pulido escaped his kidnappers in MexicoMay 31, 2016
- Olympiakos star Alan Pulido rescued 24 hours after being kidnapped in Mexico (Video)May 30, 2016
- Olympiakos striker Alan Pulido has been kidnapped in MexicoMay 29, 2016