- Martin Odegaard takes part in first senior Real Madrid training session [Video]
- Mino Raiola prepares for summer bidding war over Paul Pogba [Graphic]
- Frank Lampard & Sergio Aguero score beautiful free kicks in Man City training [Video]
- Fernando Torres v Neymar at half-time of Atletico-Barcelona [video]
- Best Memes: Arda Turan throws his boot at a linesman during Atletico v Barcelona [Video]
Africa Cup of Nations final Competition! Win a Burkina Faso shirt thanks to PUMA
It’s final day in the Africa Cup of Nations and Sunday evening sees the culmination of the South Africa-based tournament as Nigeria face underdogs Burkina Faso in the Soccer City Stadium in Johannesburg.
There is plenty of romanticism surrounding Burkina Faso, who have done wonders to get this far, not least when up against a terrible referee in their semi-final victory over Ghana.
To put it in perspective, in 26 previous matches at the Africa Cup of Nations, before the 2013 tournament, Burkina Faso had won just two games.
All eyes will be on Jonathan Pitroipa, the Burkina Faso attacker that was sent off (wrongly) in the semi-final and who, thankfully, has been allowed to play in the final on Sunday.
Pitroipa told our pals Puma about what it would mean to the whole of Burkina Faso if they can eke out a win against Nigeria: “It would be an incredible success because at some point, nobody believed in us anymore. But I think a few people expected our generation one day to achieve something and we proved this year that we could do it. Some supporters in Burkina Faso believed in our generation of players and said that this generation was the one that could make an impact. And now, if we win this CAN, we would give something amazing to our people, and they would be happy to have the cup coming back home. They would be proud of us and we would also be proud of wearing the national team jersey. It would also bring some good things for the country in terms of image. And then Burkina Faso will maybe be considered as a growing football nation.”
101 Great Goals has teamed up with PUMA®, the Official Fan Supplier to the Orange African Cup of Nations, to offer one lucky fan the chance to win the official replica Burkina Faso home football shirt.
Burkina Faso are one of six PUMA® sponsored nations competing in the tournament.
To win the shirt just email email@example.com with the answer to this simple question:
Where does Jonathan Pitroipa play his club football?
2. Manchester United
Visit www.puma.com/AfricanFootball throughout the Orange Africa Cup of Nations® 2013 to discover What’s in The Nature of African Football.
(Terms & Conditions below the fold)
Terms & Conditions
1. All entries must be received by midnight UK time on February 10, 2013.
2. Competition is open to UK residents only
3. One entry per household. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will be disqualified. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified
4. Shirts are available in adult men’s sizes Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large. Winners will be contacted directly by PUMA® to confirm sizes
5. There is no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is non-refundable and non transferable
6. PUMA® will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond PUMA®’s reasonable control.
7. The name, county and photograph of the winners may be used by PUMA® for post-event publicity purposes. The winners agree to allow PUMA® to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
8. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this competition.
- Updated: February 10, 2013