AEK Athens fans chase their players off the pitch after scoring late own goal
- April 15, 2013
AEK Athens are in serious danger of being relegated from the top tier for the first time in their 89 year history.
In Sunday’s 6 pointer with fellow relegation candidates Panthrakikos, Athens went 1-0 down in the 87th minute through an own goal.
Their fans had had enough and invaded the pitch, sending all 22 players and staff running towards the dressing room.
Panthrakikos goalkeeper Spiros Vrontaras and manager Haris Mavromatis both received blows to the head as they ran away from the crazed fans.
The match was later abandoned after 15 arrests were made.
Below the video of the players running for safety is fan footage of the ensuing hooliganism:
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]