AEK Athens fans chase their players off the pitch after scoring late own goal
- April 15, 2013
AEK Athens are in serious danger of being relegated from the top tier for the first time in their 89 year history.
In Sunday’s 6 pointer with fellow relegation candidates Panthrakikos, Athens went 1-0 down in the 87th minute through an own goal.
Their fans had had enough and invaded the pitch, sending all 22 players and staff running towards the dressing room.
Panthrakikos goalkeeper Spiros Vrontaras and manager Haris Mavromatis both received blows to the head as they ran away from the crazed fans.
The match was later abandoned after 15 arrests were made.
Below the video of the players running for safety is fan footage of the ensuing hooliganism:
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...