Adnan Januzaj’s representatives ask Man United for £100k signing-on fee [Daily Star Sunday]
- October 12, 2013
The Sunday papers need selling and there is a couple of days break before the next World Cup qualifiers so it can only mean Adnan Januzaj returns to the back pages tomorrow.
After Januzaj announced himself with a two-goal haul at Sunderland, to secure the Manchester United Premier League win, just a week ago, the 18-year-old is still out of contract at the end of the season.
Januzaj’s international future has been widely speculated upon recently, but it appears Manchester United are still no closer to coming to an agreement on keeping the Belgian/Albanian/Kosovan at Old Trafford.
The Daily Star Sunday report that Januzaj’s representatives are looking for a £100,000 signing on fee to ensure he rejects the advances of Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus to stay at Manchester United.
In addition, Januzaj’s representatives are looking for £20,000 a week for the young winger with Manchester United willing to pay him £15,0000.
This seems a long way off some of the figures that were bandied about over the past week (£30-50,000) and with the way some of Manchester United’s wide-men have been performing this season, does not seem outrageous at all.
And, whilst the signing-on fee for a player that is already at the club may be excessive, can Man United really afford to lose another youngster in the manner of Paul Pogba or Ravel Morrison?
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...