Januzaj was Man United’s standout player in the Capital One Cup defeat at Sunderland [Individual highlights]
- January 8, 2014
Adnan Januzaj was one of the few bright sparks for Manchester United on a terrible night in Sunderland on Tuesday.
Manchester United’s season is hurtling towards crisis point after the Red Devils suffered back-to-back cup defeats to Swansea and Sunderland in the FA Cup and Capital One Cup respectively, and fans of the Red Devils are struggling to find any silver linings with David Moyes’ team at the moment.
Within that context, during the 2-1 defeat to the Black Cats, United’s standout player was Belgian teenager Adnan Januzaj.
Januzaj appears to have a taste for playing against Sunderland after the youngster scored a match-winning brace against the Wearsiders in the Premier League earlier in the season.
On Tuesday night Januzaj had the ball in the back of the Sunderland net again, however he saw his strike chalked off the scorecard after Ryan Giggs was caught offside.
As the game progressed Januzaj grew more and more influential for United, and he looked the most likely to make something happen for the visitors.
Deployed in a central position at the Stadium of Light, watch Adnan Januzaj’s match highlights against Sunderland below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...