- Marouane Fellaini says it was easy for critics to make him a scapegoat when David Moyes failed at Man United
- Olympiakos pay wonderful tribute to retiring defender Eric Abidal [Video]
- NUTS! Moussa Dembélé nutmegs Andros Townsend at Spurs training, then scores! [Video]
- Jose Mourinho receives phone call during presser, doesn’t know how to simply silence it [Video]
- Arsene Wenger: ‘There’s a special atmosphere at Anfield, I have huge respect for Liverpool fans’ [Video]
Januzaj was Man United’s standout player in the Capital One Cup defeat at Sunderland [Individual highlights]
Adnan Januzaj was one of the few bright sparks for Manchester United on a terrible night in Sunderland on Tuesday.
Manchester United’s season is hurtling towards crisis point after the Red Devils suffered back-to-back cup defeats to Swansea and Sunderland in the FA Cup and Capital One Cup respectively, and fans of the Red Devils are struggling to find any silver linings with David Moyes’ team at the moment.
Within that context, during the 2-1 defeat to the Black Cats, United’s standout player was Belgian teenager Adnan Januzaj.
Januzaj appears to have a taste for playing against Sunderland after the youngster scored a match-winning brace against the Wearsiders in the Premier League earlier in the season.
On Tuesday night Januzaj had the ball in the back of the Sunderland net again, however he saw his strike chalked off the scorecard after Ryan Giggs was caught offside.
As the game progressed Januzaj grew more and more influential for United, and he looked the most likely to make something happen for the visitors.
Deployed in a central position at the Stadium of Light, watch Adnan Januzaj’s match highlights against Sunderland below.
- Updated: January 8, 2014