Adios Barca! Spanish press hail the end of an era for the Catalans & Tata Martino after Granada loss [Pictures]
- April 13, 2014
After being kicked out of the Champions League last week and then losing 1-0 at Granada in La Liga on Saturday nigh, is it over for Barcelona?
The sense that an end of an era at the Camp Nou is dawning is solidified across some of the papers in Spain on Sunday as two leading dailies go with “Adios Barca!” as their front page splash.
SPORT are the biggest doom and gloom merchants, blacking out the front page of their Sunday paper with the headline “Adios Barca! Adios Tata! Adios…”
A similar theme is played out on the more colourful front page of AS. They also go with the headline “Adios Barca!” whilst featuring an image of despairing Lionel Messi with his hand on his forehead.
The picture of Messi looking forlorn also appears on the front page of Marca, however the Madrid-based paper take a slightly different angle by contrasting the Argentine’s miserable pose to an image of Gareth Bale flashing his heart-sign goal celebration having scored for Real Madrid in a 4-0 win over Almeria.
See how the Spanish media are claiming it’s all over for Barcelona after losing 1-0 at Granada below.
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez stars as Office Guy in brilliant Abitab advert (Video)
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi credits his teammates for enabling him to use his individual talents (Video)
- Barcelona recall Messi’s 5 goals against Leverkusen in 2011-12 Champions League (...
- Leo Messi really enjoyed beating Cristiano Roaldo to UEFA Player of the Year award [Ole]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...