Adidas reveal Battle Pack boots to be worn at World Cup 2014 by Messi, Suarez, Ozil, Oscar…
- May 12, 2014
With just a month to go until the World Cup, Adidas have released the boot designs for some of the top players taking part in Brazil.
The “Battle Pack” is apparently adidas’s most visually striking and technologically advanced World Cup boots ever.
The boots are in a striking black and white pattern to emphasise that at a World Cup, it’s #allin or nothing.
Here is some blurb from Adidas:
The black and white colourway is a visual representation of the adidas “all in or nothing” 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ campaign, with each boot exactly 50% white and 50% black. The only colour featuring on the boots is the fiery gold colours of the iconic three stripes of adidas, representing the ultimate reward of the FIFA World Cup trophy. The adizero™ f50 Messi is the only exception with an added blue and white colourway, inspired by the national colours of Leo Messi’s native Argentina.
The black and white patterns of the boots have been inspired by the warpaint of native warriors and the iconic pavement patterns of ancient Mesopotamia perfected on the Copacabana beach. The individual patterns are designed to express the attributes of each boot, as well as the attitude and abilities of the player type who wears them as they fight for victory – speed, bravery, control, energy and agility.
Video of the Battle Pack is above and pictures of Luis Suarez’s boots are below.
- Chelsea attacker Oscar stars in life-size video game for new Adidas Predator boot advert
- A projected Messi scores a goal on the buildings of Barcelona in new Adidas ad [Video]
- New details emerge of Man United’s mega Adidas deal [BBC]
- Manchester United’s new Adidas kit deal is ENORMOUS compared to Europe’s bi...
- Adidas release excellent animated highlights montage to mark the end of the World Cup [...
- Manchester United & Adidas confirm kit deal worth £750m over 10 years!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi