Adel Kolahkaj (Sepahan) tosses a ‘rock’ off the pitch against Al Ahli. Turns out to be an exploding firecracker
- September 20, 2012
Whilst Wednesday in Europe was all about the first round of the Champions League, over in Asia the quarter-finals of the AFC Champions League were holding their first legs, including Sepahan’s 0-0 stalemate with Al Ahli.
Despite the lack of goals in Iran, one incident in the match got pulses racing. Literally.
Following an Al Ahli corner, the referee raced over to his linesman after a series of missiles landed in close proximity to the official. That brought a temporary halt to proceedings as the officials made note of the interference, while a handful of Sepahan players also arrived on the scene as they cleaned up the objects which had found their way onto the turf.
Amid the clean-up Sepahan midfielder Adel Kolahkaj was spotted pick up a black, rock-like sphere from the grass, and the number 40 innocuously tossed it towards the advertising hoardings behind the goalline.
Fortunately nobody was standing in that spot as, rather than being a rock, the object proved to be an exploding firecracker which went off in scary circumstances.
Watch the incident below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”232786″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi