Adel Kolahkaj (Sepahan) tosses a ‘rock’ off the pitch against Al Ahli. Turns out to be an exploding firecracker
- September 20, 2012
Whilst Wednesday in Europe was all about the first round of the Champions League, over in Asia the quarter-finals of the AFC Champions League were holding their first legs, including Sepahan’s 0-0 stalemate with Al Ahli.
Despite the lack of goals in Iran, one incident in the match got pulses racing. Literally.
Following an Al Ahli corner, the referee raced over to his linesman after a series of missiles landed in close proximity to the official. That brought a temporary halt to proceedings as the officials made note of the interference, while a handful of Sepahan players also arrived on the scene as they cleaned up the objects which had found their way onto the turf.
Amid the clean-up Sepahan midfielder Adel Kolahkaj was spotted pick up a black, rock-like sphere from the grass, and the number 40 innocuously tossed it towards the advertising hoardings behind the goalline.
Fortunately nobody was standing in that spot as, rather than being a rock, the object proved to be an exploding firecracker which went off in scary circumstances.
Watch the incident below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”232786″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...