AC Milan’s late penalty at Ajax was a scandalous decision
“With Balotelli you know he can score from scratch and create theatre. That cost us two points,” slammed De Boer after the 1-1 draw. This point comes with a bitter taste. At the end of the day I can live with a point, but to concede with the penalty was disappointing. There are always moments of contact in the box. It’s about letting go at the right moment and Van Der Hoorn did that. It was ridiculous that penalty was awarded.” – Ajax coach Frank De Boer.
You have to feel for Ajax, who were robbed of two crucial Champions League points by a scandalous decision from referee Jonas Eriksson.
After going 1-0 up so late in the game through Stefano Denswil, Ajax looked set to take three crucial points and thereby take pole position to secure second spot in Group H, behind Real Madrid.
But then, a scuffle in the box between Mario Balotelli and substitute Mike van der Hoorn was interpreted as a foul by the Ajax substitute when it looked more likely that the Rossoneri attacker was doing most of the tugging.
(Super) Mario Balotelli then tucked away the penalty, scoring the spot kick after he had missed against Napoli in his last match.
The video and picture montage below prove Ajax should have beaten AC Milan 1-0.
[gthumb id=”360455″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- Gianluigi Donnarumma made a world-class save to secure AC Milan’s win v Juventus (Video)October 22, 2016
- Manuel Locatelli scores cracking goal to secure AC Milan win over JuventusOctober 22, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas’s wife comments on speculation about him moving to AC MilanOctober 17, 2016
- From Manchester to Milan to Madrid: How Chinese investors have ploughed $2 billion in European footballOctober 10, 2016
- Feyenoord v Ajax: Watch a live stream of De KlassiekerOctober 22, 2016
- Ajax scored against ADO Den Haag today after brilliant yet simple throw-in routine (Video)October 16, 2016
- Chelsea loanee Bertrand Traore scores a fine solo goal for Ajax (Video)September 24, 2016
- Barça might have second thoughts about Cillessen after Ajax’s Champions League debacle….August 24, 2016