AC Milan’s late penalty at Ajax was a scandalous decision
- October 2, 2013
“With Balotelli you know he can score from scratch and create theatre. That cost us two points,” slammed De Boer after the 1-1 draw. This point comes with a bitter taste. At the end of the day I can live with a point, but to concede with the penalty was disappointing. There are always moments of contact in the box. It’s about letting go at the right moment and Van Der Hoorn did that. It was ridiculous that penalty was awarded.” – Ajax coach Frank De Boer.
You have to feel for Ajax, who were robbed of two crucial Champions League points by a scandalous decision from referee Jonas Eriksson.
After going 1-0 up so late in the game through Stefano Denswil, Ajax looked set to take three crucial points and thereby take pole position to secure second spot in Group H, behind Real Madrid.
But then, a scuffle in the box between Mario Balotelli and substitute Mike van der Hoorn was interpreted as a foul by the Ajax substitute when it looked more likely that the Rossoneri attacker was doing most of the tugging.
(Super) Mario Balotelli then tucked away the penalty, scoring the spot kick after he had missed against Napoli in his last match.
The video and picture montage below prove Ajax should have beaten AC Milan 1-0.
[gthumb id=”360455″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Mario Balotelli on what went wrong at Liverpool & conduct at AC Milan in extensive...
- AC Milan’s Mario Balotelli writes farewell post to Liverpool fans on Facebook
- The best goals from Serie A matchday 1 including a Stevan Jovetic golazo (video)
- Liverpool’s Jose Enrique sends AC Milan bound Mario Balotelli a sweet message [In...
- 41-year-old Dida does an amazing goalkeeper exercise in Internacional training (Video)
- Mario Balotelli says AC Milan is in his heart after his loan move from Liverpool (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...