AC Milan’s late penalty at Ajax was a scandalous decision
“With Balotelli you know he can score from scratch and create theatre. That cost us two points,” slammed De Boer after the 1-1 draw. This point comes with a bitter taste. At the end of the day I can live with a point, but to concede with the penalty was disappointing. There are always moments of contact in the box. It’s about letting go at the right moment and Van Der Hoorn did that. It was ridiculous that penalty was awarded.” – Ajax coach Frank De Boer.
You have to feel for Ajax, who were robbed of two crucial Champions League points by a scandalous decision from referee Jonas Eriksson.
After going 1-0 up so late in the game through Stefano Denswil, Ajax looked set to take three crucial points and thereby take pole position to secure second spot in Group H, behind Real Madrid.
But then, a scuffle in the box between Mario Balotelli and substitute Mike van der Hoorn was interpreted as a foul by the Ajax substitute when it looked more likely that the Rossoneri attacker was doing most of the tugging.
(Super) Mario Balotelli then tucked away the penalty, scoring the spot kick after he had missed against Napoli in his last match.
The video and picture montage below prove Ajax should have beaten AC Milan 1-0.
[gthumb id=”360455″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- AC Milan prepare a big money move for a Chelsea midfielder [CalcioMercatoWeb]September 27, 2016
- Fiorentina v AC Milan: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-25September 21, 2016
- Pippo Inzaghi’s biggest regret in football relates to Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic [France Football]September 14, 2016
- The Express think they know when Cesc Fabregas will leave ChelseaSeptember 11, 2016
- Chelsea loanee Bertrand Traore scores a fine solo goal for Ajax (Video)September 24, 2016
- Barça might have second thoughts about Cillessen after Ajax’s Champions League debacle….August 24, 2016
- After Sadio Mane’s injury, Liverpool linked with another winger [Il Tempo]August 19, 2016
- Barcelona want Ajax goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen to replace Claudio Bravo [Mundo Deportivo]August 18, 2016