AC Milan’s Antonio Nocerino dedicates goal against Pescara to victims of Newtown shootings
- December 17, 2012
“I dedicate this goal to the families of the children who were killed in America. My joy at scoring was tempered by the tragedy that befell these families. What I did today, I did for them.” – Antonio Nocerino after AC Milan’s 4-1 win over Pescara.
Huge kudos to Antonio Nocerino for this selfless gesture and as far as we know, the Italian midfielder was the only professional footballer to publicly announce such a statement over the weekend after the tragic events at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown on Friday.
Nocerino opened the scoring against Pescara in the first minute of the Serie A match, setting the Rossoneri off to a comfortable victory.
Footage of Nocerino’s post-match interview, where he talks of the Newtown shootings, can be seen on the first video below – with English voice over. The second video is of the goal itself.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”278632″]
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”278633″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi