AC Milan’s Antonio Nocerino dedicates goal against Pescara to victims of Newtown shootings
- December 17, 2012
“I dedicate this goal to the families of the children who were killed in America. My joy at scoring was tempered by the tragedy that befell these families. What I did today, I did for them.” – Antonio Nocerino after AC Milan’s 4-1 win over Pescara.
Huge kudos to Antonio Nocerino for this selfless gesture and as far as we know, the Italian midfielder was the only professional footballer to publicly announce such a statement over the weekend after the tragic events at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown on Friday.
Nocerino opened the scoring against Pescara in the first minute of the Serie A match, setting the Rossoneri off to a comfortable victory.
Footage of Nocerino’s post-match interview, where he talks of the Newtown shootings, can be seen on the first video below – with English voice over. The second video is of the goal itself.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”278632″]
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”278633″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...