AC Milan reserve keeper Gabriel outshines Robinho in penalty competition
- January 11, 2013
On the same day as talk gets louder that AC Milan want to axe the Brazilian off their books in order to fuel a bid for Manchester City’s Mario Balotelli, Robinho has suffered a mini-embarrassment on the Rossoneri’s training field losing a shoot out competition Milan reserve keeper Gabriel.
A quick word on the goalie.
Gabriel, 20, is the third choice keeper at the San Siro behindChristian Abbiati and Marco Amelia, having signed from Cruzerio last summer. The young Brazilian has yet to make his debut in the Milan first team, however he has been capped at Under-20 level for Brazil.
On Thursday Gabriel was put through his paces at Milan’s training during a penalty drill, and the fresh-faced custodian excelled against Robinho’s spot-kicks.
Robinho had three attempts on Gabriel’s goal, and the keeper made three brilliant saves. Afterward Christian Zapata and Antonio Nocerino also got in on the penalty fun, and once again Gabriel impressive with a few saves.
Watch AC Milan reserve keeper Gabriel outshine Robinho in penalty competition below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...