AC Milan President Berlusconi has put Mario Balotelli on transfer market [Secolo XIX], Arsenal fans go wild on Twitter
Italian paper Secolo XIX dropped a proverbial bomb this morning, with the news that AC Milan President Silvio Berlusconi has put striker Mario Balotelli on the transfer market.
Secolo claim Berlusconi has come to the decision with daughter Barbara – a club director – returning to his gut instinct a year ago that Mad Mario is simply a bad apple, along with members of his political party Forza Italia; while director of football Galliani is believe to have been the last to have been told of the decision.
While the story is yet to be corroborated by other reliable Italian sources, it would make sense: Balotelli has failed to hit the heights with Milan since his return to Italy bar the odd stand-out game, and the Rossoneri could do with the cash.
The clubs who could potentially be in for Balotelli, as well as afford his wages and be prepared to pay the € 25 million fee Milan would hope to recoup, are Chelsea, PSG and Monaco, according to Secolo, although these clubs will be only finding out this news about a hitherto unavailable striker.
It hasn’t stopped Arsenal fans dreaming; with the Gunners badly in need of striking back-up for overworked Olivier Giroud, Gooners have got very excited about the prospect of luring Balo back to the Premier League.
Opinion is mixed though, with other Gooners citing his attitude problems as to why they’d want nothing to do with Balo.
Could Arsene tame and bring the best of out him? A selection of Arsenal fans’ tweets on (apparently) newly-available Balotelli below.
Balotelli would slot right into Arsenal. It'd be good to have a player who just has that natural audacity in personality – adds an edge.
— Gene Oliver (@mantomanmarking) December 28, 2013
Balotelli on sale? Arsenal could do with him to be honest.
— MrBoywunder (@MrBoywunder) December 28, 2013
Milan apparently cant afford Balotelli's salary and want to sell him acc. To Berlusconi. Arsenal can afford his wages dont see why not
— John Özil Vu (@John_Vu5) December 28, 2013
For those who're asking, YES. I'd take Balotelli at #Arsenal – In a heartbeat.
— Lil Bit Back On Top! (@DialSquare_1886) December 28, 2013
If Balotelli goes to Arsenal! It would be such a game changer, very talented player but I hope Wenger can control him.
— d[A]rian28st (@darian28st) December 28, 2013
You guys… don't get me all excited about Balotelli. Would LOVE him at The Arsenal. Hope this one has some legs.
— Sean Brown (@seanfbrown) December 28, 2013
Mario Balotelli to Arsenal? Seems impossible but would be great if it's happens. Wenger can cure his old habits :D
— Iswadi Natsir (@Iswadi_Natsir) December 28, 2013
If I should bet on a manager to drain every ounce of talent out of Balotelli I'll go with Wenger. Great talent going to waste. #Arsenal
— EBÖ (@EboDuodu) December 28, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern Munich v AC Milan: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-07-28July 22, 2016
- Confirmed: West Ham agree terms with AC Milan for Carlos BaccaJuly 21, 2016
- Chelsea have a deal closed for an AC Milan old-timer [Gazzetta]July 17, 2016
- West Ham agree terms with AC Milan for striker Carlos Bacca [Di Marzio]July 10, 2016
- Claudio Ranieri makes a definitive statement on Arsenal target Riyad Mahrez [BeIN Sports]July 30, 2016
- Leicester ready to offer Riyad Mahrez £100k-a-week to reject Arsenal [Express]July 29, 2016
- Arsenal mock Spurs on Twitter after beating MLS All-Stars 2-1July 29, 2016
- Must read: Kim Kallstrom brilliantly recounts his time at ArsenalJuly 29, 2016
- Mario Balotelli linked with moves to Napoli and Ajax [Gianluca Di Marzio]July 29, 2016
- Besiktas release statement denying any interest in Liverpool’s Mario BalotelliJuly 27, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli shows he’s far from done on InstagramJuly 27, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli stars in fantastic photos after crashing a wedding [Pictures]July 25, 2016