AC Milan President Berlusconi has put Mario Balotelli on transfer market [Secolo XIX], Arsenal fans go wild on Twitter
Italian paper Secolo XIX dropped a proverbial bomb this morning, with the news that AC Milan President Silvio Berlusconi has put striker Mario Balotelli on the transfer market.
Secolo claim Berlusconi has come to the decision with daughter Barbara – a club director – returning to his gut instinct a year ago that Mad Mario is simply a bad apple, along with members of his political party Forza Italia; while director of football Galliani is believe to have been the last to have been told of the decision.
While the story is yet to be corroborated by other reliable Italian sources, it would make sense: Balotelli has failed to hit the heights with Milan since his return to Italy bar the odd stand-out game, and the Rossoneri could do with the cash.
The clubs who could potentially be in for Balotelli, as well as afford his wages and be prepared to pay the € 25 million fee Milan would hope to recoup, are Chelsea, PSG and Monaco, according to Secolo, although these clubs will be only finding out this news about a hitherto unavailable striker.
It hasn’t stopped Arsenal fans dreaming; with the Gunners badly in need of striking back-up for overworked Olivier Giroud, Gooners have got very excited about the prospect of luring Balo back to the Premier League.
Opinion is mixed though, with other Gooners citing his attitude problems as to why they’d want nothing to do with Balo.
Could Arsene tame and bring the best of out him? A selection of Arsenal fans’ tweets on (apparently) newly-available Balotelli below.
Balotelli would slot right into Arsenal. It'd be good to have a player who just has that natural audacity in personality – adds an edge.
— Gene Oliver (@mantomanmarking) December 28, 2013
Balotelli on sale? Arsenal could do with him to be honest.
— MrBoywunder (@MrBoywunder) December 28, 2013
Milan apparently cant afford Balotelli's salary and want to sell him acc. To Berlusconi. Arsenal can afford his wages dont see why not
— John Özil Vu (@John_Vu5) December 28, 2013
For those who're asking, YES. I'd take Balotelli at #Arsenal – In a heartbeat.
— Lil Bit Back On Top! (@DialSquare_1886) December 28, 2013
If Balotelli goes to Arsenal! It would be such a game changer, very talented player but I hope Wenger can control him.
— d[A]rian28st (@darian28st) December 28, 2013
You guys… don't get me all excited about Balotelli. Would LOVE him at The Arsenal. Hope this one has some legs.
— Sean Brown (@seanfbrown) December 28, 2013
Mario Balotelli to Arsenal? Seems impossible but would be great if it's happens. Wenger can cure his old habits :D
— Iswadi Natsir (@Iswadi_Natsir) December 28, 2013
If I should bet on a manager to drain every ounce of talent out of Balotelli I'll go with Wenger. Great talent going to waste. #Arsenal
— EBÖ (@EboDuodu) December 28, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- AC Milan prepare a big money move for a Chelsea midfielder [CalcioMercatoWeb]September 27, 2016
- Fiorentina v AC Milan: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-25September 21, 2016
- Pippo Inzaghi’s biggest regret in football relates to Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic [France Football]September 14, 2016
- The Express think they know when Cesc Fabregas will leave ChelseaSeptember 11, 2016
- What new Arsenal contract? Mesut Ozil is linked with a Real Madrid return [Bild]September 29, 2016
- Arsene Wenger interested in taking England job next summer [Star]September 28, 2016
- Theo Walcott discusses his brilliant form after Arsenal 2 – Basel 0 (Video)September 28, 2016
- Arsene Wenger struggles to keep a straight face when asked about taking England job (Video)September 28, 2016
- Mario Balotelli’s ex, Fanny Neguesha, stars as Drake’s girlfriend in ‘Please Forgive Me’September 27, 2016
- 4 in 2: Liverpool flop Mario Balotelli scores a beauty for Nice (Video)September 21, 2016
- Mino Raiola tells Nice striker Mario Balotelli to ‘eat, sleep, sh*t and f*ck football’ [Quotes]September 19, 2016
- El Hadji Diouf blames ‘jealous’ Steven Gerrard for Mario Balotelli’s Liverpool failures [Quotes]September 12, 2016