- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
AC Milan confirm ‘Ricky’ Kaka’s exit with classically emotional and heartfelt goodbye message
Kaka’s AC Milan exit was all but confirmed by ESPN a couple of weeks back, with the 207 Ballon D’Or set to join Orlando City in the MLS.
But the Rossoneri club had held off on a formal parting of ways with their favourite son, waiting until all loose ends were tied up.
Today, the club published a classically emotional and heartfelt emotional goodbye to their beloved Ricky Kaka’, on the official club website, with mushy talk of ‘mutual love’.
The Kaka’-Milan love affair was really something special; Berlusconi loved him so much that he treated him like a surrogate son, and the club’s farewell letter to the Brazilian caps it off nicely.
“Milan and Ricky Kakà have come to a mutual agreement to end the Brazil star’s contract but there is no doubt that the mutual feeling of love and respect will always be there.
“Ricky joined the club in 2003 and even after he moved on to Real Madrid he kept Milan close to him, texting his congratulations when the team won the league in 2011.
“Now…Ricky has revealed that he will leave Milan and never wear the number 22 shirt again.
“So, it is ciao, Ricky! A big hug to you, Carolina and your children.
“We know you will be tied to the Rossoneri forever and we hope that you will be sending messages of congratulations in the future.”
- Updated: June 30, 2014