- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
ABola convinced Manchester United will launch January bid for Porto’s James Rodriguez
For the second time this week, Portuguese newspaper ABola have claimed Manchester United are preparing a January bid for FC Porto winger James Rodriguez.
According to ABola, Manchester United are keeping close attention on Rodriguez, a highly-rated 21-year-old forward who the Portuguese side signed from Banfield.
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly “enthralled” with Rodriguez and has placed the Colombian as a priority signing for 2013.
Porto, who sold Hulk to Zenit just last month, are, as ever, only willing to do business for mammoth fees and look set to demand Rodriguez’s release fee of 45 million euros if they are to do business with Manchester United.
There is talk that Manchester United could significantly lower the fee by including Javier Hernandez in the deal. The Mexican striker has fallen down the pecking order since the arrival of Robin van Persie.
James Rodriguez has scored 5 goals this season, including a fine winner against PSG in the Champions League. He played 90 minutes in Colombia’s 2-0 win over Paraguay on Friday evening.
Footage of James Rodriguez in action is on the video below.
- Updated: October 13, 2012