Aaron Ramsey cynically drags down James McArthur in the 94th minute of Scotland 1 – Wales 2
- March 22, 2013
Wales came back from a goal down to beat Scotland in an epic battle of Britain.
Having gone behind early on to a Grant Hanley goal, the Welshmen rallied to come back with two goals in the space of three minutes.
Scotland spent the closing stages chasing an equaliser, and could well have had one had James McArthur not been cynically brought down by Aaron Ramsey in the 94th and final minute.
Ramsey was correctly shown a straight red card.
it’s hard to tell whether McArthur would have actually reached the ball had he not been dragged down; but it’s a moot point.
As far as Ramsey was concerned, McArthur was through on goal and had to be brought down.
So what’s the difference between this cynical act, and say, Luis Suarez’s deliberate hand ball save at World Cup 2010?
You gotta do what you gotta do, but it’s interesting that Ramsey will largely escape criticism for this.
Watch Aaron Ramsey’s cynical professional foul on James McArthur at the death of Scotland 1 – Wales 2 below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...