‘AARGHVP’: The Sun speculate that Robin van Persie may be out for rest of Manchester United’s season
The hammer blow was delivered to United fans early on Friday afternoon: RVP is out of the Bayern tie, having been confirmed with a knee injury which will sideline him for 4-6 weeks.
The full 6 weeks would take van Persie through to the beginning of May, though, so their speculation that he could be out for the rest of the season seems a bit of doomsday scaremongering, with the league running until the 11th of May.
And also, that presumes United won’t be in the Champions League final…ahem.
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho trolls Arsenal ahead of clash with Tottenham HotspurDecember 10, 2016
- Polyglot: Manchester United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan is a genius off the pitch as well as on itDecember 10, 2016
- Premier League clubs eye up Real Madrid defender this January [Mirror]December 10, 2016
- Zlatan claims Man United need to do one thing to stop their season implodingDecember 10, 2016
- Robin van Persie posts lengthy statement on Instagram after nasty eye injuryNovember 7, 2016
- Robin van Persie suffered a horrific eye injury during 3-1 Fenerbahce win (Video)November 6, 2016
- Robin van Persie got an ovation from Man United fans and Fergie after Fenerbahce goal (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he doesn’t have such good memories of Robin van Persie (Video)October 20, 2016