‘AARGHVP’: The Sun speculate that Robin van Persie may be out for rest of Manchester United’s season
The hammer blow was delivered to United fans early on Friday afternoon: RVP is out of the Bayern tie, having been confirmed with a knee injury which will sideline him for 4-6 weeks.
The full 6 weeks would take van Persie through to the beginning of May, though, so their speculation that he could be out for the rest of the season seems a bit of doomsday scaremongering, with the league running until the 11th of May.
And also, that presumes United won’t be in the Champions League final…ahem.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho spurns Arsenal interest in Phil Jones [Telegraph]August 23, 2016
- An amazing stat comparing Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s recent winning record v Aston VillaAugust 23, 2016
- Should Man United’s Wayne Rooney remain England’s captain? (BBC Video)August 23, 2016
- Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants more haters [Instagram]August 23, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016
- Fenerbahce’s Robin van Persie drops a hint on Twitter he’s joining LeicesterJuly 5, 2016
- West Ham and Crystal Palace have been offered Robin van Persie by Fenerbahce [Mail]July 4, 2016