‘AARGHVP’: The Sun speculate that Robin van Persie may be out for rest of Manchester United’s season
The hammer blow was delivered to United fans early on Friday afternoon: RVP is out of the Bayern tie, having been confirmed with a knee injury which will sideline him for 4-6 weeks.
The full 6 weeks would take van Persie through to the beginning of May, though, so their speculation that he could be out for the rest of the season seems a bit of doomsday scaremongering, with the league running until the 11th of May.
And also, that presumes United won’t be in the Champions League final…ahem.
Watch Live Stream
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic & Anthony Martial pose beside each other for Manchester United’s 3rd Kit LaunchJuly 29, 2016
- Manchester United negotiating with Monaco for right-back Fabinho [Globoesporte]July 29, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic excited to make Manchester United debut in Sweden (Video)July 29, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola insists there’s no deal between Man United & Juventus [Twitter]July 29, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016
- Fenerbahce’s Robin van Persie drops a hint on Twitter he’s joining LeicesterJuly 5, 2016
- West Ham and Crystal Palace have been offered Robin van Persie by Fenerbahce [Mail]July 4, 2016