‘AARGHVP’: The Sun speculate that Robin van Persie may be out for rest of Manchester United’s season
The hammer blow was delivered to United fans early on Friday afternoon: RVP is out of the Bayern tie, having been confirmed with a knee injury which will sideline him for 4-6 weeks.
The full 6 weeks would take van Persie through to the beginning of May, though, so their speculation that he could be out for the rest of the season seems a bit of doomsday scaremongering, with the league running until the 11th of May.
And also, that presumes United won’t be in the Champions League final…ahem.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal & Man United target Alvaro Morata admits he has “tempting” offers from P...May 31st, 2016
- Manchester United have made a dizzying offer for Monchi [AS]May 31st, 2016
- Sevilla sporting director Monchi set to leave club, linked with Man United [Tweets]May 30th, 2016
- Manchester United have offered Michael Carrick a one-year contract [Guardian]May 30th, 2016
- Comedian destroys Arsenal old boy Robin van Persie with Dennis Bergkamp comparison (Video)May 26th, 2016
- Turkey number one Volkan Babacan wondersave denies Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie (Video)May 10th, 2016
- Fenerbahce fan footage of glorious goal by ex Man United star Robin van Persie in 3-0 win (Video)May 1st, 2016
- Ex-Man Utd stars Nani and van Persie combine for Fenerbahce goal (Video)April 21st, 2016