‘AARGHVP’: The Sun speculate that Robin van Persie may be out for rest of Manchester United’s season
The hammer blow was delivered to United fans early on Friday afternoon: RVP is out of the Bayern tie, having been confirmed with a knee injury which will sideline him for 4-6 weeks.
The full 6 weeks would take van Persie through to the beginning of May, though, so their speculation that he could be out for the rest of the season seems a bit of doomsday scaremongering, with the league running until the 11th of May.
And also, that presumes United won’t be in the Champions League final…ahem.
Watch Live Stream
- All the angles on Juan Mata’s Man United goal v Leicester (video)September 27, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic takes a holiday in Milan, set to miss Man United v Zorya [Gazzetta]September 27, 2016
- Terrible news for Manchester United’s Phil JonesSeptember 27, 2016
- Man United battle Real Madrid for a Portuguese winger [Record]September 27, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin brilliantly trolls Robin van Persie on Facebook LiveSeptember 14, 2016
- Europa League draw brings Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie back to Old Trafford [Tweets]August 26, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016