Aaargh! Man City WILL NOT sign Cesc Fabregas, claim Spanish paper Mundo Deportivo & the Guardian
- June 2, 2014
What the hell is going on with Cesc Fabregas?!
On the same day as Catalan daily SPORT repeated news reports suggesting Man City had signed the Barcelona midfielder, over in another Spanish paper, Mundo Deportivo, its reported that Man City are out of the race to sign the former Arsenal man.
Interestingly, Mundo Deportivo’s angle has been verified by the Guardian’s Jamie Jackson.
According to the story in MD, the whole Man City-Cesc link is actually centred around Barcelona’s desire to sign Sergio Aguero this summer.
The belief at the Camp Nou was that if they could include a deal in which Fabregas headed to the Etihad, then perhaps City would come to an arrangement to sell Kun.
Now, however, all those hopes have been categorically dashed, as the Citizens have outright shut the door on allowing the Argentine hitman to leave the club.
MD detail how Aguero is “not for sale”, and the Citizens have “ruled out the signing of Fabregas”.
So will Arsenal land their former captain again? Maybe, just maybe.
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...