Aaargh! Man City WILL NOT sign Cesc Fabregas, claim Spanish paper Mundo Deportivo & the Guardian
- June 2, 2014
What the hell is going on with Cesc Fabregas?!
On the same day as Catalan daily SPORT repeated news reports suggesting Man City had signed the Barcelona midfielder, over in another Spanish paper, Mundo Deportivo, its reported that Man City are out of the race to sign the former Arsenal man.
Interestingly, Mundo Deportivo’s angle has been verified by the Guardian’s Jamie Jackson.
According to the story in MD, the whole Man City-Cesc link is actually centred around Barcelona’s desire to sign Sergio Aguero this summer.
The belief at the Camp Nou was that if they could include a deal in which Fabregas headed to the Etihad, then perhaps City would come to an arrangement to sell Kun.
Now, however, all those hopes have been categorically dashed, as the Citizens have outright shut the door on allowing the Argentine hitman to leave the club.
MD detail how Aguero is “not for sale”, and the Citizens have “ruled out the signing of Fabregas”.
So will Arsenal land their former captain again? Maybe, just maybe.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...