Aaargh! Man City WILL NOT sign Cesc Fabregas, claim Spanish paper Mundo Deportivo & the Guardian
What the hell is going on with Cesc Fabregas?!
On the same day as Catalan daily SPORT repeated news reports suggesting Man City had signed the Barcelona midfielder, over in another Spanish paper, Mundo Deportivo, its reported that Man City are out of the race to sign the former Arsenal man.
Interestingly, Mundo Deportivo’s angle has been verified by the Guardian’s Jamie Jackson.
According to the story in MD, the whole Man City-Cesc link is actually centred around Barcelona’s desire to sign Sergio Aguero this summer.
The belief at the Camp Nou was that if they could include a deal in which Fabregas headed to the Etihad, then perhaps City would come to an arrangement to sell Kun.
Now, however, all those hopes have been categorically dashed, as the Citizens have outright shut the door on allowing the Argentine hitman to leave the club.
MD detail how Aguero is “not for sale”, and the Citizens have “ruled out the signing of Fabregas”.
So will Arsenal land their former captain again? Maybe, just maybe.
Watch Live Stream
- Did violent Valencia tactics make Andres Iniesta’s injury inevitable? (Video)October 24, 2016
- Andres Iniesta’s injury timetable sees him miss 12 Barcelona fixtures, including ClasicoOctober 23, 2016
- Neymar loses a court case regarding the birth of his son Davi Lucca [Noticias24]October 23, 2016
- New video angle emerges of Barcelona players being hit by bottles & Leo Messi’s rage (video)October 23, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas to leave Chelsea for Man City [Sun]October 23, 2016
- Antonio Conte’s description of Fabregas injury leads to hilarious misunderstanding (Video)October 22, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas’s wife comments on speculation about him moving to AC MilanOctober 17, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesc announces a new member of the Fabregas family on InstagramOctober 16, 2016
- Ilkay Gundogan gets a birthday cake from Man City fan, Yaya Toure won’t be happy [Tweet]October 24, 2016
- Guardiola locks Man City players in dressing room for 45 minutes after draw against SouthamptonOctober 23, 2016
- Pep Guardiola refuses to blame John Stones after 1-1 draw with Southampton (Video)October 23, 2016
- Twitter mocks John Stones as Manchester City defender makes another big mistake v SouthamptonOctober 23, 2016