Aaargh! Man City WILL NOT sign Cesc Fabregas, claim Spanish paper Mundo Deportivo & the Guardian
What the hell is going on with Cesc Fabregas?!
On the same day as Catalan daily SPORT repeated news reports suggesting Man City had signed the Barcelona midfielder, over in another Spanish paper, Mundo Deportivo, its reported that Man City are out of the race to sign the former Arsenal man.
Interestingly, Mundo Deportivo’s angle has been verified by the Guardian’s Jamie Jackson.
According to the story in MD, the whole Man City-Cesc link is actually centred around Barcelona’s desire to sign Sergio Aguero this summer.
The belief at the Camp Nou was that if they could include a deal in which Fabregas headed to the Etihad, then perhaps City would come to an arrangement to sell Kun.
Now, however, all those hopes have been categorically dashed, as the Citizens have outright shut the door on allowing the Argentine hitman to leave the club.
MD detail how Aguero is “not for sale”, and the Citizens have “ruled out the signing of Fabregas”.
So will Arsenal land their former captain again? Maybe, just maybe.
- Alejandro Grimaldo hits out at Luis Enrique for neglecting Barcelona B team (Quotes)
- The next generation of Leo Messi: Barcelona’s Masia-academy’s top 5 weekend...
- Barcelona’s kids scored another set of magical goals last week (Video)
- Barcelona also want Liverpool target Pierre Emerick Aubameyang [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas individual match highlights for Spain v Ukraine (Video)
- Cesc Fabregas misses penalty for Spain after fan points laser at his face (Vine)
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas is now the top assist-maker in Spanish history (Video)
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas becomes Spain’s leading assister, posts to Facebook
- Rio Ferdinand slams Man United boss LVG and brands club as unrecognisable
- FPL managers bemoan another Man City international injury, to Aleksandr Kolarov [Tweets]
- Man City legend Elano scores for Chennaiyin FC at Goa (official video)
- Sir Alex Ferguson reveals reason he declined to sign David Silva when he was at Valenci...