A young mascot couldn’t stop crying as he held Mikel Arteta’s hand before Napoli v Arsenal
What’s wrong lad? Did you want to hold Ozil’s hand instead?
A young mascot attracted widespread attention in the build-up to Arsenal’s away match at Napoli in the Champions League on Wednesday night as he bawled his eyes out before kick-off.
Mikel Arteta was holding the hand of a young boy who couldn’t stop crying throughout the pre-match pomp.
The Arsenal midfielder look a little worried about his mascot as the teams lined-up in the tunnel, and the boy kept on crying on the San Paolo pitch as the Champions League music blared out over the tannoy.
It’s unknown whether the tears were of joy or sadness.
See a series of pictures of how a young mascot couldn’t stop crying as he held Mikel Arteta’s hand before Napoli v Arsenal below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal fans respond to rumours linking Hector Bellerin with move back to Barcelona [Tweets]May 26th, 2016
- Arsenal favourites to sign Alvaro Morata in whopping £53m deal [COPE]May 26th, 2016
- Barcelona target Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin to replace Dani Alves [Mundo Deportivo]May 26th, 2016
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil feeds a tiger in Dubai, animal paws him in his private parts (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Arsenal thank Mikel Arteta for the memories after five years with the club (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta could join Manchester City as part of coaching team [Marca]May 20th, 2016
- Emotional scenes: Mikel Arteta & Tomas Rosicky say goodbye to Arsenal after 4-0 win (Videos)May 15th, 2016
- Pep Guardiola will offer Arsenal’s Mikel Arteta a Man City coaching staff role [Times]February 23rd, 2016