A young mascot couldn’t stop crying as he held Mikel Arteta’s hand before Napoli v Arsenal
What’s wrong lad? Did you want to hold Ozil’s hand instead?
A young mascot attracted widespread attention in the build-up to Arsenal’s away match at Napoli in the Champions League on Wednesday night as he bawled his eyes out before kick-off.
Mikel Arteta was holding the hand of a young boy who couldn’t stop crying throughout the pre-match pomp.
The Arsenal midfielder look a little worried about his mascot as the teams lined-up in the tunnel, and the boy kept on crying on the San Paolo pitch as the Champions League music blared out over the tannoy.
It’s unknown whether the tears were of joy or sadness.
See a series of pictures of how a young mascot couldn’t stop crying as he held Mikel Arteta’s hand before Napoli v Arsenal below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal Fan TV goes Alexis Sanchez crazy after West Ham (Videos)December 3, 2016
- Thierry Henry & Hector Bellerin shout out Alexis after Arsenal beat West HamDecember 3, 2016
- Arsenal fan makes a bonkers claim about Leo Messi on BBC 606 (Video)December 3, 2016
- MOTD running order: Gary Lineker explains Chelsea & Arsenal positioningDecember 3, 2016
- Leo Messi’s tunnel bust-up was with ex-Arsenal captain Mikel Arteta [Cadena Cope]November 3, 2016
- Gooners outraged as Man City coach Mikel Arteta deletes all Arsenal photos on InstagramJuly 25, 2016
- Arsenal thank Mikel Arteta for the memories after five years with the club (Video)May 24, 2016
- Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta could join Manchester City as part of coaching team [Marca]May 20, 2016