A video timeline of MOTD pundits explaining why they think Arsenal can’t win the Premier League
As December begins Arsenal are four points clear at the top of the Premier League, however few outside the Emirates are giving the Gunners much hope of actually walking away with the title come the end of the season.
An excellent video has been put together from the past few weeks of Match of the Day, in which pundit after pundit voice their reasons why the Gunners can’t win the league.
Several weeks back Alan Hansen was vocal against Arsene Wenger’s team citing the Gunners fixture list over the Christmas and New Year period and the fact that they “are not the best without the ball so they cannot possibly win the title. I can’t see it.”
A week later, before the United match, Alan Shearer was resolute with the statement that Arsenal won’t win the league. For him the stumbling block was the Gunners fixture list, and the games they have against the “big three” of Chelsea and Manchesters United and City.
A week on Danny Murphy was also betting against the Gunners stressing that Arsenal did lose to Man United, while Les Ferdinand joined the consensus opinion fearing “if Giroud gets injured for Arsenal, that’s my only concern.”
Watch the video timeline of MOTD pundits explaining why they think Arsenal can’t win the Premier League below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal agree a mega-deal with Mesut Ozil [Bild]September 28, 2016
- Arsenal’s Theo Walcott sounds like Conor McGregor, reveals secret to his resurgence (Video)September 27, 2016
- Santi Cazorla picks his all-time Arsenal XI, includes 1 player from current side (video)September 27, 2016
- Good news for Arsenal as Arsene Wenger confirms Francis Coquelin’s comeback timetableSeptember 27, 2016
- Chelsea are dominating Match of the Day this season, Man United out of the limelight [Graphic]November 19, 2015
- Gary Lineker announces MOTD running order on Facebook video, fans complainOctober 24, 2015
- MOTD viewers celebrate Phil Neville’s appointment as Valencia assistant manager [Tweets]June 28, 2015
- Why was Steven Gerrard’s poor dive for Liverpool at West Brom not shown on MOTD? [Tweets]April 26, 2015