A tiki taka golazo, a 40-yard howitzer & the terrible og (Swindon – Man City, FA Youth Cup)
- January 19, 2012
Manchester City’s U18s swatted Swindon aside 4-1 this week in the FA Youth Cup in a match littered with moments worth watching.
City established 2-goal away lead courtesy of strikes from Jordi Hiwula and Devante Cole before the visitors strung together an amazing goal straight out of the La Masia handbook.
Adopting arch-type tiki taka tactics, City’s teenagers completed 25 uninterrupted passes before Adam Drury finished the pass-pass-pass attack in the 25th minute.
Swindon then had their own golazo to cheer about as Robins’ full-back Luke Murden blasted home a stunning 40-yard howitzer that arched into the top corner of the City net in the 33rd minute.
Just before the hour City ratcheted up their fourth of the night.
Adam Drury raced down the right and delivered a dangerous cross into the mixer. Under pressure from a striker lurking just behind him, Swindown centre-back Adam Oakley realised he had to get something on the ball otherwise another goal was imminent. Unfortunately for the Robin’s number 4 though, his sliced attempt at a clearance resulted in a quality og finish into the far corner of the net.
City have now progressed to round five of the FA Youth Cup.
Watch match highlights of Swindon 1 – Man City 4 here. (The good stuff starts from 1.20)
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]