A tiki taka golazo, a 40-yard howitzer & the terrible og (Swindon – Man City, FA Youth Cup)
- January 19, 2012
Manchester City’s U18s swatted Swindon aside 4-1 this week in the FA Youth Cup in a match littered with moments worth watching.
City established 2-goal away lead courtesy of strikes from Jordi Hiwula and Devante Cole before the visitors strung together an amazing goal straight out of the La Masia handbook.
Adopting arch-type tiki taka tactics, City’s teenagers completed 25 uninterrupted passes before Adam Drury finished the pass-pass-pass attack in the 25th minute.
Swindon then had their own golazo to cheer about as Robins’ full-back Luke Murden blasted home a stunning 40-yard howitzer that arched into the top corner of the City net in the 33rd minute.
Just before the hour City ratcheted up their fourth of the night.
Adam Drury raced down the right and delivered a dangerous cross into the mixer. Under pressure from a striker lurking just behind him, Swindown centre-back Adam Oakley realised he had to get something on the ball otherwise another goal was imminent. Unfortunately for the Robin’s number 4 though, his sliced attempt at a clearance resulted in a quality og finish into the far corner of the net.
City have now progressed to round five of the FA Youth Cup.
Watch match highlights of Swindon 1 – Man City 4 here. (The good stuff starts from 1.20)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...