“A sublime chicken” – Is this the worst/funniest football commentary EVER?!
- April 9, 2013
In our excitement at bringing you Serge Gnabry’s wonder goal for Arsenal Under-21s at Liverpool at Anfield on Monday night, we missed what may go down as one of the worst pieces of commentary EVER!
After Gnabry’s shot nestled in the far corner, the LFC TV commentators wax lyrical about the young German’s goal with former Liverpool striker John Aldridge then inexplicably describing it is “A sublime chicken.”
The exact moment of the commentary gaffe from Aldridge comes at 0.24 on the video below.
Listen to it and howl with laughter.
It also appears that the main commentator has a good laugh at Aldridge in the process.
After the video are some of the best Tweets on the “sublime chicken.”
Gnabry goal from last night – youtube.com/watch?feature=… – Liverpool commentator says “It’s a sublime chicken.” , Wut?
— arseblog (@arseblog) April 9, 2013
— danlevy1 (@danlevy1) April 9, 2013
Pretty sure the commentator called Gnabry’s goal a sublime chicken. What does that even mean??
— I Am The Arsenal (@GoonerNelly86) April 8, 2013
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi