- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
“A sublime chicken” – Is this the worst/funniest football commentary EVER?!
In our excitement at bringing you Serge Gnabry’s wonder goal for Arsenal Under-21s at Liverpool at Anfield on Monday night, we missed what may go down as one of the worst pieces of commentary EVER!
After Gnabry’s shot nestled in the far corner, the LFC TV commentators wax lyrical about the young German’s goal with former Liverpool striker John Aldridge then inexplicably describing it is “A sublime chicken.”
The exact moment of the commentary gaffe from Aldridge comes at 0.24 on the video below.
Listen to it and howl with laughter.
It also appears that the main commentator has a good laugh at Aldridge in the process.
After the video are some of the best Tweets on the “sublime chicken.”
Gnabry goal from last night – youtube.com/watch?feature=… – Liverpool commentator says “It’s a sublime chicken.” , Wut?
— arseblog (@arseblog) April 9, 2013
— danlevy1 (@danlevy1) April 9, 2013
Pretty sure the commentator called Gnabry’s goal a sublime chicken. What does that even mean??
— I Am The Arsenal (@GoonerNelly86) April 8, 2013
- Updated: April 9, 2013