“A sublime chicken” – Is this the worst/funniest football commentary EVER?!
- April 9, 2013
In our excitement at bringing you Serge Gnabry’s wonder goal for Arsenal Under-21s at Liverpool at Anfield on Monday night, we missed what may go down as one of the worst pieces of commentary EVER!
After Gnabry’s shot nestled in the far corner, the LFC TV commentators wax lyrical about the young German’s goal with former Liverpool striker John Aldridge then inexplicably describing it is “A sublime chicken.”
The exact moment of the commentary gaffe from Aldridge comes at 0.24 on the video below.
Listen to it and howl with laughter.
It also appears that the main commentator has a good laugh at Aldridge in the process.
After the video are some of the best Tweets on the “sublime chicken.”
Gnabry goal from last night – youtube.com/watch?feature=… – Liverpool commentator says “It’s a sublime chicken.” , Wut?
— arseblog (@arseblog) April 9, 2013
— danlevy1 (@danlevy1) April 9, 2013
Pretty sure the commentator called Gnabry’s goal a sublime chicken. What does that even mean??
— I Am The Arsenal (@GoonerNelly86) April 8, 2013
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...