A (spoof?) excerpt from Theo Walcott’s book on Alex Song starts spreading after his red card v Croatia
Alex Song’s character was called into question on Wednesday.
The Cameroon midfielder, a player of great European football experience with both Arsenal and Barcelona, was sent off for a ridiculous elbow on Croatia’s Mario Mandzukic.
With Cameroon 1-0 down and with half-time approaching, it was one of the most idiotic assaults ever seen on World Cup history.
For more on the sending off, see: Bad Song! Twitter reacts to Alex Song’s red card v Croatia [Tweets].
In the aftermath of Song’s red card, a page from Theo Walcott’s book “Theo: Growing Up Fast” started doing the rounds.
To say it does not paint Song in a good light would be an understatement and the Cameroon midfielder comes across as more than slightly unhinged.
Among the highlights are Song’s love for NFL and how he annoyed Jens Lehmann.
Plus, his confidence over a move to Barcelona where Song has struggled for playing time.
(There are some suggestions that this is a spoof excerpt as Song left for Barcelona after Walcott had released his book – but, on the other hand, this could simply be an updated version from the Arsenal flyer.)
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- Chelsea hold talks with ex-Arsenal midfielder Alex Song [Telegraph]
- Ex West Ham man Alex Song (Barcelona) posts pictures in ridiculous light-up shows [Inst...
- Mathieu Debuchy tipped to leave Arsenal in move to Serie A [Corriere dello Sport]
- Arsenal & Spurs target Adrien Rabiot set for January Ligue 1 exit [L’Equipe]
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker reveals all about his upbringing & life in Germany...
- Arsenal set for transfer swoop of Ajax wonderkid Riechedly Bazoer (video)
- The next generation of Leo Messi: Barcelona’s Masia-academy’s top 5 weekend...
- Barcelona’s kids scored another set of magical goals last week (Video)
- Barcelona also want Liverpool target Pierre Emerick Aubameyang [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Arda Turan bags assist for Turkey, looking sharp despite only training with Barça (Video)