A (spoof?) excerpt from Theo Walcott’s book on Alex Song starts spreading after his red card v Croatia
- June 19, 2014
Alex Song’s character was called into question on Wednesday.
The Cameroon midfielder, a player of great European football experience with both Arsenal and Barcelona, was sent off for a ridiculous elbow on Croatia’s Mario Mandzukic.
With Cameroon 1-0 down and with half-time approaching, it was one of the most idiotic assaults ever seen on World Cup history.
For more on the sending off, see: Bad Song! Twitter reacts to Alex Song’s red card v Croatia [Tweets].
In the aftermath of Song’s red card, a page from Theo Walcott’s book “Theo: Growing Up Fast” started doing the rounds.
To say it does not paint Song in a good light would be an understatement and the Cameroon midfielder comes across as more than slightly unhinged.
Among the highlights are Song’s love for NFL and how he annoyed Jens Lehmann.
Plus, his confidence over a move to Barcelona where Song has struggled for playing time.
(There are some suggestions that this is a spoof excerpt as Song left for Barcelona after Walcott had released his book – but, on the other hand, this could simply be an updated version from the Arsenal flyer.)
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- Chelsea hold talks with ex-Arsenal midfielder Alex Song [Telegraph]
- Ex West Ham man Alex Song (Barcelona) posts pictures in ridiculous light-up shows [Inst...
- Alex Song performs a secret handshake with Jordi Alba on his Barcelona return [Instagra...
- Alex Song ‘disappointed’ ex-Arsenal teammate Adebayor didn’t move to ...
- West Ham’s Alex Song: My kids thought the Barcelona manager didn’t like me ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi