A (spoof?) excerpt from Theo Walcott’s book on Alex Song starts spreading after his red card v Croatia
- June 19, 2014
Alex Song’s character was called into question on Wednesday.
The Cameroon midfielder, a player of great European football experience with both Arsenal and Barcelona, was sent off for a ridiculous elbow on Croatia’s Mario Mandzukic.
With Cameroon 1-0 down and with half-time approaching, it was one of the most idiotic assaults ever seen on World Cup history.
For more on the sending off, see: Bad Song! Twitter reacts to Alex Song’s red card v Croatia [Tweets].
In the aftermath of Song’s red card, a page from Theo Walcott’s book “Theo: Growing Up Fast” started doing the rounds.
To say it does not paint Song in a good light would be an understatement and the Cameroon midfielder comes across as more than slightly unhinged.
Among the highlights are Song’s love for NFL and how he annoyed Jens Lehmann.
Plus, his confidence over a move to Barcelona where Song has struggled for playing time.
(There are some suggestions that this is a spoof excerpt as Song left for Barcelona after Walcott had released his book – but, on the other hand, this could simply be an updated version from the Arsenal flyer.)
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...