A (spoof?) excerpt from Theo Walcott’s book on Alex Song starts spreading after his red card v Croatia
Alex Song’s character was called into question on Wednesday.
The Cameroon midfielder, a player of great European football experience with both Arsenal and Barcelona, was sent off for a ridiculous elbow on Croatia’s Mario Mandzukic.
With Cameroon 1-0 down and with half-time approaching, it was one of the most idiotic assaults ever seen on World Cup history.
For more on the sending off, see: Bad Song! Twitter reacts to Alex Song’s red card v Croatia [Tweets].
In the aftermath of Song’s red card, a page from Theo Walcott’s book “Theo: Growing Up Fast” started doing the rounds.
To say it does not paint Song in a good light would be an understatement and the Cameroon midfielder comes across as more than slightly unhinged.
Among the highlights are Song’s love for NFL and how he annoyed Jens Lehmann.
Plus, his confidence over a move to Barcelona where Song has struggled for playing time.
(There are some suggestions that this is a spoof excerpt as Song left for Barcelona after Walcott had released his book – but, on the other hand, this could simply be an updated version from the Arsenal flyer.)
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea & West Ham stars supported the Catalans before the game at the Emirates Stadium [Instagram]February 24, 2016
- West Ham midfielder Alex Song despairs after losing the Yes/No game (Video)November 4, 2015
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]September 1, 2015
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jenkinson [Telegraph]July 1, 2015
- BBC’s David Ornstein on Mesut Ozil & Alexis Sanchez renewal updates after Arsenal’s AGM (Video)October 25, 2016
- Jack Wilshere responds to Jamie Redknapp’s prediction that he won’t return to ArsenalOctober 24, 2016
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Revealed: PSG agreed to pay Neymar’s €190m release clause but not his monster tax debt [L’Equipe]October 25, 2016
- Did violent Valencia tactics make Andres Iniesta’s injury inevitable? (Video)October 24, 2016
- Andres Iniesta’s injury timetable sees him miss 12 Barcelona fixtures, including ClasicoOctober 23, 2016
- Neymar loses a court case regarding the birth of his son Davi Lucca [Noticias24]October 23, 2016