A Spanish Penalty: What the hell did Brendan Rodgers mean after Liverpool’s win at Stoke?!
After Liverpool’s win at Stoke, Brendan Rodgers created a new football phrase: “A Spanish Penalty.”
The Liverpool manager claimed Stoke would be unhappy with the penalty awarded just after half-time, converted by Steven Gerrard for 3-2 to the Merseyside giants.
Rodgers mentioned “A Spanish Penalty” to both the Sky Sports cameras and in his post-match press conference which can be seen above.
So far there has been no criticism of the phrase from Spain – who should be annoyed at being compared to a soft spot kick for a bit of a dive from Raheem Sterling.
“Spanish Penalty” has been added to the Urban Dictionary since Liverpool’s win at Stoke…
Watch Live Stream
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers lauds ‘beautiful man’ Luis Suarez before facing his former player (Video)September 12, 2016
- Mario Balotelli wasn’t impressed by either ex-Liverpool boss, as coaches or people (Video)September 11, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers: I was doing Pep Guardiola’s full-backs tactical move at Liverpool (Video)September 9, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis explains why he thinks Liverpool can win the title (Video)October 23, 2016
- Magnificent Phil Coutinho hailed on MOTD after Liverpool win over West BromOctober 23, 2016
- Wayne Rooney has the final word v Michael Owen over supporting LiverpoolOctober 23, 2016