A Spanish Penalty: What the hell did Brendan Rodgers mean after Liverpool’s win at Stoke?!
After Liverpool’s win at Stoke, Brendan Rodgers created a new football phrase: “A Spanish Penalty.”
The Liverpool manager claimed Stoke would be unhappy with the penalty awarded just after half-time, converted by Steven Gerrard for 3-2 to the Merseyside giants.
Rodgers mentioned “A Spanish Penalty” to both the Sky Sports cameras and in his post-match press conference which can be seen above.
So far there has been no criticism of the phrase from Spain – who should be annoyed at being compared to a soft spot kick for a bit of a dive from Raheem Sterling.
“Spanish Penalty” has been added to the Urban Dictionary since Liverpool’s win at Stoke…
Watch Live Stream
- Celtic’s Brendan Rodgers trolls a journalist for a Loch Ness monster & Leo Messi questionNovember 22, 2016
- Celtic fans serenade Brendan Rodgers with hilarious song during win over Kilmarnock (Video)November 21, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers lauds ‘beautiful man’ Luis Suarez before facing his former player (Video)September 12, 2016
- Mario Balotelli’s Liverpool contract included a barely believable performance-related bonusDecember 4, 2016
- Darren Farley impersonates Jamie Carragher post-Bournemouth defeat (Video)December 4, 2016
- John Terry celebrates Nathan Ake winner, Jordon Ibe has mixed emotions over Bournemouth 4 – Liverpool 3December 4, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp and Jordon Ibe reignite their bromance during post match celebrationsDecember 4, 2016