A ridiculous assault: Cesar Navas (Rubin Kazan) breaks Martin Jakubko’s jaw (Amkar Perm)
- October 10, 2012
Whilst in England all the chatter surrounds diving, the Russian Premier League witnessed a disgraceful assault with the victim now threatening legal action.
Slovakian forward Martin Jakubko (pictured) was only on the pitch for 15 minutes during Amkar Perm’s 1-0 win away at Rubin Kazan.
Jakubko was introduced on 58 but left the pitch with a broken jaw after being kneed in the face, for no apparent reason, by Spanish defender Cesar Navas.
After the match, Russian reports say Jakubko will be operated on and will be out for at least two months and after recently being called up for international duty, the 32-year-old has said he will be suing for loss of earnings.
Jakubko: “I am now in the Slovakia team, but it is clear that I cannot carry out my beloved profession. Navas attacked me dishonestly and I want him brought to justice.”
He continued: I will discuss it with lawyers but I think everything is clear. If this episode occured in the heat of battle I would never have said a word but he deliberately gave me an injury and thus deprived me not only the opportunity to play football, but also receive bonuses and incentives.
Watch the shocking assault below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”243244″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...