- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
A referee in Lebanon gets chased and assaulted after sending a player off
The good people at Dirty Tackle unearthed a shocking video of football violence from the Lebanese second division.
The images of the video are pretty self-explanatory.
After producing a red card in a match between two unknown teams, the match official quickly became a target for violence as he was chased around the pitch by players who were all trying to punch his lights out.
The referee actually did quite well to avoid collecting a bruising: the official showed a nifty turn of pace and sharp zig-zagging flexibility to avoid any serious injuries.
That said, the fact the few people, including to on-site security forces, stepped in to help to man in black was a particularly galling sight.
Watch a referee in Lebanon got chased and assaulted below.
- Updated: March 6, 2013