A referee in Lebanon gets chased and assaulted after sending a player off
- March 6, 2013
The good people at Dirty Tackle unearthed a shocking video of football violence from the Lebanese second division.
The images of the video are pretty self-explanatory.
After producing a red card in a match between two unknown teams, the match official quickly became a target for violence as he was chased around the pitch by players who were all trying to punch his lights out.
The referee actually did quite well to avoid collecting a bruising: the official showed a nifty turn of pace and sharp zig-zagging flexibility to avoid any serious injuries.
That said, the fact the few people, including to on-site security forces, stepped in to help to man in black was a particularly galling sight.
Watch a referee in Lebanon got chased and assaulted below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...