- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
A referee in Lebanon gets chased and assaulted after sending a player off
The good people at Dirty Tackle unearthed a shocking video of football violence from the Lebanese second division.
The images of the video are pretty self-explanatory.
After producing a red card in a match between two unknown teams, the match official quickly became a target for violence as he was chased around the pitch by players who were all trying to punch his lights out.
The referee actually did quite well to avoid collecting a bruising: the official showed a nifty turn of pace and sharp zig-zagging flexibility to avoid any serious injuries.
That said, the fact the few people, including to on-site security forces, stepped in to help to man in black was a particularly galling sight.
Watch a referee in Lebanon got chased and assaulted below.
- Updated: March 6, 2013