A referee in Lebanon gets chased and assaulted after sending a player off
- March 6, 2013
The good people at Dirty Tackle unearthed a shocking video of football violence from the Lebanese second division.
The images of the video are pretty self-explanatory.
After producing a red card in a match between two unknown teams, the match official quickly became a target for violence as he was chased around the pitch by players who were all trying to punch his lights out.
The referee actually did quite well to avoid collecting a bruising: the official showed a nifty turn of pace and sharp zig-zagging flexibility to avoid any serious injuries.
That said, the fact the few people, including to on-site security forces, stepped in to help to man in black was a particularly galling sight.
Watch a referee in Lebanon got chased and assaulted below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi