- Best Memes & Tweets as Chelsea man Diego Costa stamps Liverpool out the Cup
- Jose Mourinho interview post Liverpool win [video]
- Jose Mourinho was too busy arguing to notice Branislav Ivanovic scored!
- Diego Costa could have been sent off for 2 stamps for Chelsea v Liverpool [Vid & pics]
- Fan footage of Branislav Ivanovic goal for Chelsea v Liverpool
Quality story about a guy who finished (ish) a 1996 Merlin Premier League sticker album, then threw it away!
The BBC have posted an excellent story on their website about a guy who found an old Premier League sticker album in his attic and he decided to finish it years later.
Portsmouth fan Adam Carroll-Smith was missing six footballer from his 1996 Merlin sticker album, so that 29-year-old decided to seek out the players in the here-and-now in order to photograph them to put in his book.
The six players missing were Stuart Ripley, Keith Curle, Scott Minto, Lars Bohinen, Philippe Albert and Gary Penrice, and over the course of six months Carroll-Smith tracked down the ex-pros, met them, and took head shots.
Of the two foreign players on his list, former Newcastle centre-half Philippe Albert was found working in the fruit and vegetable trade in his native Belgium, while ex-Blackburn midfielder Lars Bohinen was located at Norway’s version of Strictly Come Dancing.
In a crazy conclusion to the tale after all his hard work in completing his sticker album, Adam Carroll-Smith decided to throw the book in the Solent at Southsea claiming it was “a cathartic experience.”
Carroll-Smith has since written a box, called “Six Stickers”, documenting his experience.
The blown up pictures of Philippe Albert and former Villa, QPR and Watford striker Gary Penrice are below, together with a picture of the 1996 Merlin sticker album.
- Updated: November 19, 2013