- NBC called Juan Mata “Marijuana Mata” during Man United’s draw with Tottenham [Pictures]
- Bayern’s Bastian Schweinsteiger spends vacation supporting girlfriend Ana Ivanovic [Pictures]
- Newcastle’s Alan Pardew tipped to take over at Crystal Palace [Pictures]
- Man City centre-back Matija Nastasic is heading to join Roberto Di Matteo at Schalke [Bild]
- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
A player got away with studding an opponent in the face in Israel even though the 4th official was close
What’s the point of a 4th official if they can’t assist the referee in an incident like this?
The final match of round 12 of the Israeli top flight on Monday night saw Hapoel Tel Aviv beat Ashdod 2-1, and the game had a nasty flashpoint in the second half when one player studded another in the face.
After opponents fell to the floor near the touchline after challenging for the ball, Hapoel Tel Aviv defender Jürgen Colin kicked Ashdod forward Yero Bello in the face in an assault that looked to be intentional.
The 4th official was no more than three meters from the scene of the crime, however he amazingly failed to see kick and Colin got away with it.
Watch the nasty incident below.
- Updated: December 10, 2013