- Arsene Wenger confirms Gabriel Paulista signing is imminent, no work permit issue [Video]
- Arsenal Superfan Moh hails Tomas Rosicky after FA Cup win over Brighton [Video]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on FA Cup favourites tag: ‘Manchester United might go through’ (!) [Video]
- Claude & Ty BFFs after Arsenal’s win over Brighton & Hove Albion! [Video]
- Spurs & Man United legend Teddy Sheringham scores lovely chip in Fernando Ricksen charity match
A Messi-esque solo wonder goal you won’t have seen: Takashi Usami (Hoffenheim) v Darmstadt
Takashi Usami, a 20-year-old midfielder, is the latest Japanese youngster to try his luck in the German Bundesliga and after a spell with Bayern Munich last season, is now plying his trade with Hoffenheim.
On Friday, the “Village Team” played Darmstadt 98 in a friendly to give some of their non-international players some game time over the weekend.
The big headline from the encounter was the return of Tim Wiese to the line-up for Hoffenheim after injury but Takashi Usami’s wonder Messi-esque solo goal will likely be seen across the globe.
Hoffenheim went on to win the friendly match 2-1.
GIF of the goal above (via the excellent reddit soccer) and video of Usami’s crazy run and top corner finish is below.
- Updated: October 15, 2012