A Messi-esque solo wonder goal you won’t have seen: Takashi Usami (Hoffenheim) v Darmstadt
- October 15, 2012
Takashi Usami, a 20-year-old midfielder, is the latest Japanese youngster to try his luck in the German Bundesliga and after a spell with Bayern Munich last season, is now plying his trade with Hoffenheim.
On Friday, the “Village Team” played Darmstadt 98 in a friendly to give some of their non-international players some game time over the weekend.
The big headline from the encounter was the return of Tim Wiese to the line-up for Hoffenheim after injury but Takashi Usami’s wonder Messi-esque solo goal will likely be seen across the globe.
Hoffenheim went on to win the friendly match 2-1.
GIF of the goal above (via the excellent reddit soccer) and video of Usami’s crazy run and top corner finish is below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi