- Arsenal appear to be out of the race for Paulo Dybala as Palermo’s £31m valuation is too high
- Man United players sign the head of a brave girl suffering from leukaemia after she lost her hair
- Park Ji-Sung given hero’s reception at PSV before crowd accidentally set banner on fire [Videos]
- The Wealdstone Raider thanks Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan for their support [Video]
- Crazy! Alexandre Meier scores two goals in last minute to rescue point for Frankfurt in 4-4 draw! [Video]
A Messi-esque solo wonder goal you won’t have seen: Takashi Usami (Hoffenheim) v Darmstadt
Takashi Usami, a 20-year-old midfielder, is the latest Japanese youngster to try his luck in the German Bundesliga and after a spell with Bayern Munich last season, is now plying his trade with Hoffenheim.
On Friday, the “Village Team” played Darmstadt 98 in a friendly to give some of their non-international players some game time over the weekend.
The big headline from the encounter was the return of Tim Wiese to the line-up for Hoffenheim after injury but Takashi Usami’s wonder Messi-esque solo goal will likely be seen across the globe.
Hoffenheim went on to win the friendly match 2-1.
GIF of the goal above (via the excellent reddit soccer) and video of Usami’s crazy run and top corner finish is below.
- Updated: October 15, 2012