A Messi-esque solo wonder goal you won’t have seen: Takashi Usami (Hoffenheim) v Darmstadt
- October 15, 2012
Takashi Usami, a 20-year-old midfielder, is the latest Japanese youngster to try his luck in the German Bundesliga and after a spell with Bayern Munich last season, is now plying his trade with Hoffenheim.
On Friday, the “Village Team” played Darmstadt 98 in a friendly to give some of their non-international players some game time over the weekend.
The big headline from the encounter was the return of Tim Wiese to the line-up for Hoffenheim after injury but Takashi Usami’s wonder Messi-esque solo goal will likely be seen across the globe.
Hoffenheim went on to win the friendly match 2-1.
GIF of the goal above (via the excellent reddit soccer) and video of Usami’s crazy run and top corner finish is below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...