A match in Italy has to be replayed after a ref mistakenly sent off an identical twin [Picture]
- April 3, 2014
Italian identical twins Matteo and Michele Rossi, who play in the ninth tier of Italian football for amateur side SSD Castello, have been involved in a strange story of mistaken identity on the pitch.
Several weeks back in a match against GS Alviano, Michele was sent off for a foul his brother Matteo committed.
According to reports after the foul lead to a penalty for Alviano a flare-up between the sides kicked off on the pitch and in the confusion the referee made a critical error.
A local refereeing official has since announced:
The referee, purely due to error, in the 27th minute of the second half sent off SSD Castello’s number seven Michele Rossi instead of their number nine Matteo Rossi.
It was an error that had an undoubted impact on the game and as such the match should be replayed.
The match had originally ended 2-2.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi