- Alexis Sanchez opens up about life in London – “I’m happy at Arsenal” [Latercera]
- Lukas Podolski posts celebratory team photo on the Arsenal bus after West Ham win [Instagram]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger very pleased in post match interview after 2-1 win at West Ham
- Mauricio Pochettino: Spurs should’ve been given a penalty & no sympathy for Man United [Video]
- Man United boss Louis Van Gaal describes tired 2nd half as a “struggle for life” at Spurs [Video]
A match in Italy has to be replayed after a ref mistakenly sent off an identical twin [Picture]
Italian identical twins Matteo and Michele Rossi, who play in the ninth tier of Italian football for amateur side SSD Castello, have been involved in a strange story of mistaken identity on the pitch.
Several weeks back in a match against GS Alviano, Michele was sent off for a foul his brother Matteo committed.
According to reports after the foul lead to a penalty for Alviano a flare-up between the sides kicked off on the pitch and in the confusion the referee made a critical error.
A local refereeing official has since announced:
The referee, purely due to error, in the 27th minute of the second half sent off SSD Castello’s number seven Michele Rossi instead of their number nine Matteo Rossi.
It was an error that had an undoubted impact on the game and as such the match should be replayed.
The match had originally ended 2-2.
- Updated: April 3, 2014