- Yaya Sanogo set to start up front for Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund tonight [Mirror]
- Liverpool’s Rickie Lambert: ‘I find the criticism of Steven Gerrard shocking to be honest’
- Jurgen Klopp gives funny shrug of the shoulders when asked if any PL clubs have called him [Video]
- Christian Eriksen: ‘There have been a lot of changes since I joined Spurs, but we’re on right path’ [Video]
- Enhanced Acca! Back Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid & Juventus all to win at 8/1
A match in Italy has to be replayed after a ref mistakenly sent off an identical twin [Picture]
Italian identical twins Matteo and Michele Rossi, who play in the ninth tier of Italian football for amateur side SSD Castello, have been involved in a strange story of mistaken identity on the pitch.
Several weeks back in a match against GS Alviano, Michele was sent off for a foul his brother Matteo committed.
According to reports after the foul lead to a penalty for Alviano a flare-up between the sides kicked off on the pitch and in the confusion the referee made a critical error.
A local refereeing official has since announced:
The referee, purely due to error, in the 27th minute of the second half sent off SSD Castello’s number seven Michele Rossi instead of their number nine Matteo Rossi.
It was an error that had an undoubted impact on the game and as such the match should be replayed.
The match had originally ended 2-2.
- Updated: April 3, 2014