A match in Italy has to be replayed after a ref mistakenly sent off an identical twin [Picture]
- April 3, 2014
Italian identical twins Matteo and Michele Rossi, who play in the ninth tier of Italian football for amateur side SSD Castello, have been involved in a strange story of mistaken identity on the pitch.
Several weeks back in a match against GS Alviano, Michele was sent off for a foul his brother Matteo committed.
According to reports after the foul lead to a penalty for Alviano a flare-up between the sides kicked off on the pitch and in the confusion the referee made a critical error.
A local refereeing official has since announced:
The referee, purely due to error, in the 27th minute of the second half sent off SSD Castello’s number seven Michele Rossi instead of their number nine Matteo Rossi.
It was an error that had an undoubted impact on the game and as such the match should be replayed.
The match had originally ended 2-2.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...