- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
A Marseille coach got into a fight with Lille supporters who came to harass OM’s Florian Thauvin at the airport
Tuesday night in Ligue 1 sees a huge match take place in the race for the Champions League as 2nd-placed Lille host 4th-placed Marseille.
Marseille travelled to Lille on Tuesday afternoon by plane, and when OM touched down at the airport a group of local supporters were waiting in order to abuse former Lille defender Florian Thauvin.
20-year-old Thauvin was sold to Marseille last summer for 15 million euros after having never played for Lille following a breakdown in relations between the player and the club.
Pissed at Thauvin, a hoard of Lille fans chanted abused as the player appeared at the arrivals, at which point a coach of Marseille came to the defence of the player by getting physical with the locals.
After a brief scuffle the Lille supporters scarpered.
Watch two eye witness videos of a Marseille coach getting into a fight with Lille supporters below.
- Updated: December 3, 2013