A Man United fan got married into a Man City family, gives a brilliant wedding toast
Ahead of the Manchester derby on Sunday, this is a fabulous viral video.
Footage was uploaded to YouTube yesterday, taken from a wedding on September 7, 2013 involving a Manchester United supporting groom – @aboycalledyoung – and his new Manchester City supporting in laws.
We pick up the action as the newly married United fan delivered his speech, with the camera rolling just at the time when the young man is talking about the passing of a very important role model in his life.
Without giving away the punchline, the groom does brilliantly to turn a sad topic into a lovely moment of fun.
@aboycalledyoung has pointed out to us on Twitter that this was a tribute to his father, who recently passed away, and this is how he would like this to come across.
Watch the Man United groom’s wedding toast below.
Watch Live Stream
- Raheem Sterling bemused at being told he’s been ‘reborn’ post-Man City 3 – West Ham 1 (Video)August 28, 2016
- Samir Nasri admits he could leave Man City, but not being forced out by Pep (Video)August 28, 2016
- Pep Guardiola’s supportive text message to Raheem Sterling during his tough Euro 2016August 28, 2016
- Manchester City boss does a Wenger when asked about Sergio Aguero’s elbow (Video)August 28, 2016
- Great Memory: Patrice Evra commemorates Manchester United 8 – Arsenal 2 on InstagramAugust 28, 2016
- Manchester United want to bring in Jose Fonte and/or Fabinho if they can sell 2 defenders [Daily Record]August 28, 2016
- Sergio Aguero faces retrospective ban for Man United v Man City after elbow on Winston ReidAugust 28, 2016
- Mino Raiola confirms Real Madrid wanted to sign Man United’s Paul Pogba [Telefoot]August 28, 2016