- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
A mad goal in the Austrian 2nd division as a striker scores a backheel with just his sock on
Thierry Fidjeu will to have this goal broadcast all around the world this week.
On Friday night in the Austrian second division St. Pölten registered a 5-2 over Horn, but only after the visitors had taken a bizarre lead in the 5th minute.
The action started when Horn striker Thierry Fidjeu lost his left boot after a challenge from St. Pölten’s number 5.
With his shoe off the play continued, and Horn immediately built an attack down their left hand side.
Not wanting to miss out on the goalscoring opportunity, Equatorial Guinea forward Fidjeu ran into the box holding his shoe in his hand.
Amazingly, after slipping in the danger area, Fidjeu was then in the right place at the right time to score a backheel goal with just his socked foot.
Watch Thierry Fidjeu’s mad goal below.
- Updated: November 3, 2013