A goalie in France produced one of the worst penalty shoot out blunders you will ever see!!!
- February 25, 2014
It’s taken four years but finally Khalid Askri has a doppelgänger.
Back in 2010, Khalid Askri etched his name into football folklore by letting in one of the most ridiculous penalties ever seen in world football after he saved a shot in a shoot-out only to see the ball spin it’s way into the net after the keeper thought his job was over.
Now an identical incident has occurred in an amateur football match in France.
LCA Foot 38 took on Grésivaudan in Coupe de l’Isère when the cup tie went to penalties. Locked a 5-5, Luca Botelho stepped up to try and win the game for Grésivaudan.
Botelho watched on his horror as the goalie initially saved his shot with a solid block on his knee, but after the ball popped up into the night sky at the same time as the keeper was celebrating, the unbelievable happened as the ball dropped back down to earth and spun it’s way it’s the net.
See how a goalie in France produced one of the worst penalty shoot out blunders of all time below.
- Diego Costa jokingly throws a punch at Chelsea physio during 1-0 win over Man United [P...
- Celta Vigo striker Joaquín Larrivey booked for the worst dive ever v Eibar [GIF]
- WTF! Hilarious own goal from Greek League match after ball hits both posts [Video]
- Harry Redknapp says QPR’s Sandro injured his knee celebrating a goal in training ...
- Razor Ruddock & Adebayo Akinfenwa try to pick up doughnuts with their elephant mas...
- TalkSPORT suggest alterations to the ratings of certain players in FIFA 15 [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...