A goalie in France produced one of the worst penalty shoot out blunders you will ever see!!!
- February 25, 2014
It’s taken four years but finally Khalid Askri has a doppelgänger.
Back in 2010, Khalid Askri etched his name into football folklore by letting in one of the most ridiculous penalties ever seen in world football after he saved a shot in a shoot-out only to see the ball spin it’s way into the net after the keeper thought his job was over.
Now an identical incident has occurred in an amateur football match in France.
LCA Foot 38 took on Grésivaudan in Coupe de l’Isère when the cup tie went to penalties. Locked a 5-5, Luca Botelho stepped up to try and win the game for Grésivaudan.
Botelho watched on his horror as the goalie initially saved his shot with a solid block on his knee, but after the ball popped up into the night sky at the same time as the keeper was celebrating, the unbelievable happened as the ball dropped back down to earth and spun it’s way it’s the net.
See how a goalie in France produced one of the worst penalty shoot out blunders of all time below.
- Diego Costa jokingly throws a punch at Chelsea physio during 1-0 win over Man United [P...
- Celta Vigo striker Joaquín Larrivey booked for the worst dive ever v Eibar [GIF]
- WTF! Hilarious own goal from Greek League match after ball hits both posts [Video]
- Harry Redknapp says QPR’s Sandro injured his knee celebrating a goal in training ...
- Razor Ruddock & Adebayo Akinfenwa try to pick up doughnuts with their elephant mas...
- TalkSPORT suggest alterations to the ratings of certain players in FIFA 15 [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi