- Keith Millen: ‘I am ready to take over as full time Crystal Palace boss, players respect me’ [Video]
- QPR boss Harry Redknapp: ‘We need a striker, but I don’t think we’re gonna find a good one!’
- Joey Barton has a rant at QPR ‘consumers’ after booing v Crystal Palace
- Big Sam ‘baffled & confused’ by Alex Song’s disallowed goal v Arsenal [Video]
- Steven Gerrard & Bergkamp make Sky’s Premier League XI over Roy Keane/Scholes & Shearer… [Tweets]
A goalie in France produced one of the worst penalty shoot out blunders you will ever see!!!
It’s taken four years but finally Khalid Askri has a doppelgänger.
Back in 2010, Khalid Askri etched his name into football folklore by letting in one of the most ridiculous penalties ever seen in world football after he saved a shot in a shoot-out only to see the ball spin it’s way into the net after the keeper thought his job was over.
Now an identical incident has occurred in an amateur football match in France.
LCA Foot 38 took on Grésivaudan in Coupe de l’Isère when the cup tie went to penalties. Locked a 5-5, Luca Botelho stepped up to try and win the game for Grésivaudan.
Botelho watched on his horror as the goalie initially saved his shot with a solid block on his knee, but after the ball popped up into the night sky at the same time as the keeper was celebrating, the unbelievable happened as the ball dropped back down to earth and spun it’s way it’s the net.
See how a goalie in France produced one of the worst penalty shoot out blunders of all time below.
- Updated: February 25, 2014