A fabulous flop: Brice Dja Djedje (Evian) produces a ridiculous ‘frog’ dive v Sochaux
- November 8, 2012
It’s been just over a month since Luis Suarez committed his joke dive for Liverpool against Stoke, but arguably that flop has now been bettered by an effort from Evian defender Brice Dja Djedje.
Dja Djedje, a 21-year-old Ivorian defender, was playing for his club side against Sochaux on Wednesday night when he courted ridicule for a pathetic dive.
The action started when Dja Djedje beat opponent Sebastien Roudet to the ball. The young African never looked particularly in control of the situation as his initial touch was hugely clunky, and when Roudet touched the defender’s back with a slight push, the defender instantly tried to win a free-kick with his balance in a tailspin.
Accordingly, after Dja Djedje’s interception he went looking for the referee’s whistle with an unforgettable double-legged ‘frog flop’ onto the turf.
Enjoy one of the dives of the season below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”256727″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi