A dive & open goal miss: Fernando Torres’ brief & forgettable individual highlights from Spain 1 – Holland 5 [Video]
- June 14, 2014
Benched in favour of Diego Costa last night, Fernando Torres was given the thankless task of coming on after 62 minutes, with Holland 3-1 up and the game virtually over.
That said, Torres did still have just under a half an hour to make an impact, and he did see a fair amount of the ball in the closing stages.
Alas, his use of it wasn’t the most optimal.
Torres took a dive in the box, jumping over Vlaar’s extended leg, and then incurred the wrath of Nigel De Jong for his poor attempt at winning a penalty.
But worse was to come for Spain’s former golden boy: with the goal at his mercy after a perfect square ball, Torres instead chose to take a touch, and the chance was wasted.
Another one bites the dust.
- Man United are taking on Chelsea in the race to sign John Stones [Guardian]
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba got an unbelievable fan reception at Montreal airport (Fan...
- After calling Rafa Benitez fat, a new picture surfaces of Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho...
- Over 100 Roma fans greeted Mohamed Salah at the airport ahead of his move from Chelsea ...
- Individual highlights of Kenedy’s debut for Chelsea against Barcelona (Video)
- Eden Hazard scored a brilliant solo golazo for Chelsea v Barcelona (Videos)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi