A dive & open goal miss: Fernando Torres’ brief & forgettable individual highlights from Spain 1 – Holland 5 [Video]
- June 14, 2014
Benched in favour of Diego Costa last night, Fernando Torres was given the thankless task of coming on after 62 minutes, with Holland 3-1 up and the game virtually over.
That said, Torres did still have just under a half an hour to make an impact, and he did see a fair amount of the ball in the closing stages.
Alas, his use of it wasn’t the most optimal.
Torres took a dive in the box, jumping over Vlaar’s extended leg, and then incurred the wrath of Nigel De Jong for his poor attempt at winning a penalty.
But worse was to come for Spain’s former golden boy: with the goal at his mercy after a perfect square ball, Torres instead chose to take a touch, and the chance was wasted.
Another one bites the dust.
- More pictures of Chelsea’s brand new home kit for the 15/16 season
- Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas faffs about on a segway [Video]
- Didier Drogba speaks to Rio Ferdinand about two very different Champions League finals ...
- Leaked: Chelsea’s brand new home kit for the 15/16 season [Pictures]
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba reveals his toughest ever opponents to Rio Ferdinand [Video]
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi