- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
- NUTS: Marseille’s Florian Thauvin pulls off slick Elastico-Nutmeg v Nantes [GIF]
- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
A comedy England team World Cup spoof from ‘Mock the Week’
- June 22, 2014
For anyone not familiar, Mock the Week is a topical British TV show in which current events are broken up and made fun of by competing teams who are basically looking for laughs.
With that background out the way, Mock the Week have turned attention to the England football team, spoofing a meeting between British PM David Cameron and the Three Lions squad.
Dubbing over the voices to create a fictional conversation, the skit is full of decent puns including Wayne Rooney’s difficulty with counting, the Prime Minister’s lack of knowledge about the England team, while Rickie Lambert struggled to get noticed by his teammates.
See the skit below. This is followed by another Mock the Week World Cup comedy clip – from the official BBC YouTube channel.