A comedy England team World Cup spoof from ‘Mock the Week’
- June 22, 2014
For anyone not familiar, Mock the Week is a topical British TV show in which current events are broken up and made fun of by competing teams who are basically looking for laughs.
With that background out the way, Mock the Week have turned attention to the England football team, spoofing a meeting between British PM David Cameron and the Three Lions squad.
Dubbing over the voices to create a fictional conversation, the skit is full of decent puns including Wayne Rooney’s difficulty with counting, the Prime Minister’s lack of knowledge about the England team, while Rickie Lambert struggled to get noticed by his teammates.
See the skit below. This is followed by another Mock the Week World Cup comedy clip – from the official BBC YouTube channel.
- Harry Kane plays down goal drought, rooting for Wayne Rooney to break England record (V...
- Incredible International Offers: Enhanced odds on Wales (5/1), Germany (5/1) & Eng...
- Jonjo Shelvey calls Wayne Rooney the ‘best English player in England’ (Video)
- Swansea’s Jonjo Shelvey named in England Squad
- “Eternal friend”: Diego Maradona posts about re-uniting with England-Argent...
- Leaked: England’s 2015-16 blue on blue away kit is ugly [Pictures]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...