A brilliant Panenka penalty you won’t have seen: Younis Mahmoud (Iraq) v Bahrain
- January 16, 2013
Its easy to compare every Panenka penalty with Andrea Pirlo’s famous effort against England at Euro 2012 but Younis Mahmoud’s spot kick yesterday undoubtedly stands up very favourably.
Mahmoud is a veteran of Iraq’s national side and took a crucial penalty kick with both teams level at 2-2 in the shoot-out of the Gulf Cup semi-final on Tuesday after a 1-1 draw.
Much like Pirlo, Mahmoud’s Panenka was also psychologically effective as Bahrain missed their very next penalty through Abdulwahab Al Malood allowing keeper Noor Sabri to win it for Iraq.
Younis Mahmoud’s beautiful Panenka penalty is on the first video. Compare it to Pirlo on the second video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...