A brilliant Panenka penalty you won’t have seen: Younis Mahmoud (Iraq) v Bahrain
- January 16, 2013
Its easy to compare every Panenka penalty with Andrea Pirlo’s famous effort against England at Euro 2012 but Younis Mahmoud’s spot kick yesterday undoubtedly stands up very favourably.
Mahmoud is a veteran of Iraq’s national side and took a crucial penalty kick with both teams level at 2-2 in the shoot-out of the Gulf Cup semi-final on Tuesday after a 1-1 draw.
Much like Pirlo, Mahmoud’s Panenka was also psychologically effective as Bahrain missed their very next penalty through Abdulwahab Al Malood allowing keeper Noor Sabri to win it for Iraq.
Younis Mahmoud’s beautiful Panenka penalty is on the first video. Compare it to Pirlo on the second video below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...