- Amigos do Zico 9 – Estrelas do Futebol 10: Robinho & Seedorf amongst the scorers [Highlights]
- Everton’s Tim Howard says Man United’s Fergie is more intimidating than President Obama [Times]
- Cristiano Ronaldo is Luke Shaw’s landlord, Man United defender rents £7000-a-month house [Mirror]
- Everton want to take Adnan Januzaj on loan from Man United this winter [People]
- Inter on the verge of a 6 month loan deal for Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski, will cost €1-2m [Gazzetta]
A brilliant goal you won’t have seen: Alessandro Carrozza (Varese) vs Ascoli
Take a bow son!
Good Friday saw a full day of fixtures in the Italian second tier, and the goal of the day was scored byÂ Varese forwardÂ Alessandro Carrozza in a 1-all draw with Ascoli.
In the ninth minute a simple ball was dinked intoÂ Carrozza just inside the visitors’ box. The striker, with his back to goal, collected the ball on his chest, but even then it looked unlikely that a goal-scoring opportunity was really on.
But it was.
CommittingÂ himself 110% to an overhead-kick,Â Carrozza executed the acrobatics to perfection as the ball whizzed into the back of the net.
- Updated: April 23, 2011