- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
A brilliant assist you won’t have seen: Jean-Paul Marna (Kettering) vs Rushden & Diamonds
- Updated: January 9, 2011
It might be almost a week old, but we needed to bring this clip to your attention.
Former Paris Saint-Germain forward Jean-Paul Marna lit up last weekend’s Conference match between Kettering and Rushden & Diamonds with an outrageous assist for Iyseden Christie to score the winner in a 2-1 battle.
With the ball bobbling around in the Rushden half following a long punted Kettering goal kick, eventually Jean-Paul Marna took possession of the ball with two opponents around him for company.
Harry Houdini may have struggled to get out of such a tight spot, but Marna pulled off the feat with an around-the-world juggling technique that saw the Gallic genius lift the ball from his foot, to his thigh, to over his shoulder. Making the skill all the more amazing though, Marna then flicked a delicious pass into the path of Christie who managed to profit from his excellent trickery.
Jean-Paul Marna’s amazing assist can be seen here.
The match also had a second big talking point, again involving Jean-Paul Marna.
As Kettering were searching for the winner, the forward was released one-on-one withÂ Rushden goalie Joe Day. As both parties looked to get to the ball first, Day adopted kung-fu tactics as he executed a flying, studs-up, kick into Marna’s groin area which left the striker pole-axed.
Making the incident noticeable though was that the referee failed not only to book keeper Day for his assault, but also not even a foul was given.
The shocking assault and non-decision can be seen here.