A Bola & O Jogo say Man United will land Marcos Rojo with Luis Nani set to join Sporting
Sooner rather than later, and possibly before the end of Tuesday according to A Bola, Manchester United are set to announce the signing of Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon.
The Argentine left back told Radio Continental on Monday night:
It feels like a dream, to be a Manchester United player. Leaving Sporting wasn’t easy.
While Rojo appears to have slightly jumped the gun with his quotes, as the clubs have yet to formally announce that a deal for the defender is done, Portuguese papers A Bola and O Jogo both have the Rojo story on their front pages on Tuesday.
The angle played up in Iberia, however, focuses on what Sporting are set to get out of the deal, with Luis Nani mooted to be on the verge of rejoining Sporting as part of the deal.
By all accounts, Nani will head back to Portugal on a season-long loan deal, while Manchester United are expected to pay around €20m for Rojo.
See the front pages of the papers below.
Watch Live Stream
- Footballer’s wife drops social media hint a move to Man United may be happening [Instagram]August 24, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho spurns Arsenal interest in Phil Jones [Telegraph]August 23, 2016
- An amazing stat comparing Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s recent winning record v Aston VillaAugust 23, 2016
- Should Man United’s Wayne Rooney remain England’s captain? (BBC Video)August 23, 2016
- Nani looks back on Man United contract in 2013 as the worst moment of his life [Quotes]August 18, 2016
- Nani vouches for Manchester United’s pursuit of Paul Pogba (Video)August 6, 2016
- Nani performs cool capoeira demonstration at Valencia unveiling (Video)July 14, 2016
- Nani & Renato Sanches show off their beatboxing skills (Video)July 12, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell joins Sporting CP on loanAugust 21, 2016
- Man City plot the signing of a Portuguese Euro 2016 winner [Times]August 14, 2016
- Pep Guardiola targets Portugal Euro 2016 hero Rui Patricio to replace Joe Hart [Daily Record]August 13, 2016
- Real Madrid make Portugal star Joao Mario their big transfer target [AS]August 4, 2016