A Bola & O Jogo say Man United will land Marcos Rojo with Luis Nani set to join Sporting
Sooner rather than later, and possibly before the end of Tuesday according to A Bola, Manchester United are set to announce the signing of Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon.
The Argentine left back told Radio Continental on Monday night:
It feels like a dream, to be a Manchester United player. Leaving Sporting wasn’t easy.
While Rojo appears to have slightly jumped the gun with his quotes, as the clubs have yet to formally announce that a deal for the defender is done, Portuguese papers A Bola and O Jogo both have the Rojo story on their front pages on Tuesday.
The angle played up in Iberia, however, focuses on what Sporting are set to get out of the deal, with Luis Nani mooted to be on the verge of rejoining Sporting as part of the deal.
By all accounts, Nani will head back to Portugal on a season-long loan deal, while Manchester United are expected to pay around €20m for Rojo.
See the front pages of the papers below.
- Man United flyer Antonio Valencia pulled off a quality rapid assist v Argentina (offici...
- Pele reveals the clubs that made offers to Santos for him, a Premier League giant among...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Stunning goal: Liverpool loanee Lazar Markovic assisted Nani for Fenerbahce opener (Video)
- Cristiano Ronaldo & Nani score glorious free-kicks in Portugal training (video)
- Golazo: Nani scores 90th minute free-kick winner for Fenerbahçe v Antalyaspor (Video)
- Robin van Persie scores 1st league goal for Fenerbahçe, made in Manchester United (Video)
- Huge scandal happening in Portugal: Benfica and Sporting accuse each other of corruption
- Sporting CP slam the lack of video technology in football after their CL exit to CSKA M...
- Tsunami survivor Martunis hangs out with his hero Cristiano Ronaldo at Portugal trainin...
- Tondela v Sporting: Watch a Live Stream