A Bola: Chelsea & Manchester City lead the chase for Fabio Coentrao
- January 5, 2013
Reports in Portugal today claim Fabio Coentrao, the out-of-favour Real Madrid left back, is heading to the Premier League with the most likely destinations Chelsea and Manchester City.
Coentrao has struggled for form at the Bernabeu this season and is a long way off from being a first team regular at Real Madrid, which was expected when he moved from Benfica in the summer of 2011.
Last week, Coentrao was fined for returning late from his Christmas and New Year break and Real Madrid are reportedly willing to let him leave, possibly in the January 2013 transfer window.
Both Chelsea and Manchester City have been tracking Coentrao since a hugely impressive 2010 World Cup from the left-sided player.
Chelsea will be looking to replace Ashley Cole and Coentrao looks like a sensible option with the England full back set to leave at the end of the season.
Manchester City are reportedly aiming to sign a replacement for Gael Clichy whilst Aleks Kolarov could also be leaving the Etihad, according to A Bola who link the Serb with a return to Italian football.
Coentrao has made six appearances for Real Madrid this season, scoring once.
Video evidence of Fabio Coentrao in action is below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...