A 7-year-old boy from Liverpool is compared to Michael Owen after scoring 128 goals in 18 games
The Liverpool Echo have a remarkable story on Monday about a 7-year-old boy who could be the next star to emerge from Merseyside.
Ben Trueman, who wears the number seven shirt for Haydock FC Under 7s, already has a huge reputation after he scored 128 goals in 18 games this season.
According to the Echo, that’s “the best record at that level since Michael Owen”, while the paper also report that the whippersnapper “has been at Liverpool FC’s academy since he was five and this season has also been to Everton, Manchester United and Manchester City academies as well.”
Kids in England can only be offered their first professional pre-contract from a team when they turn nine, and it’s unknown which club will eventually land the talented boy.
Paul Trueman, Ben’s dad, told the Echo: “He just wants to play every day and he gives 100% in every game. He loves football, he’s always walking round the house, kicking a ball around with a big smile on his face.”
Haydock FC Under 7s are currently top of the Warrington Junior Football League first division.
See footage of the kids in action here, and make sure to keep an eye on Ben Trueman in the #7 shirt.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admits that he doesn’t want to play Sturridge out wide (Video)August 25, 2016
- Burton 0 – Liverpool 5 (Official highlights video)August 25, 2016
- Updates on Emre Can & Divock Origi’s availability for Spurs v Liverpool (Video)August 25, 2016
- Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is ‘unhappy’ [Times]August 25, 2016
- Liverpool fans angered by Michael Owen’s blunt Premier League title prediction on TwitterAugust 19, 2016
- Arsenal fans love the fact Arsene Wenger is smarter than Michael Owen [Tweets]June 22, 2016
- Rafa Benitez and Michael Owen spoofed in Darren Farley Euro 2016 preview (Video)June 4, 2016
- Michael Owen panned for claiming Everton’s John Stones could walk into Barcelona’s team (Video & Tweets)June 2, 2016