A 7-year-old boy from Liverpool is compared to Michael Owen after scoring 128 goals in 18 games
- March 17, 2014
The Liverpool Echo have a remarkable story on Monday about a 7-year-old boy who could be the next star to emerge from Merseyside.
Ben Trueman, who wears the number seven shirt for Haydock FC Under 7s, already has a huge reputation after he scored 128 goals in 18 games this season.
According to the Echo, that’s “the best record at that level since Michael Owen”, while the paper also report that the whippersnapper “has been at Liverpool FC’s academy since he was five and this season has also been to Everton, Manchester United and Manchester City academies as well.”
Kids in England can only be offered their first professional pre-contract from a team when they turn nine, and it’s unknown which club will eventually land the talented boy.
Paul Trueman, Ben’s dad, told the Echo: “He just wants to play every day and he gives 100% in every game. He loves football, he’s always walking round the house, kicking a ball around with a big smile on his face.”
Haydock FC Under 7s are currently top of the Warrington Junior Football League first division.
See footage of the kids in action here, and make sure to keep an eye on Ben Trueman in the #7 shirt.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]