A 7-year-old boy from Liverpool is compared to Michael Owen after scoring 128 goals in 18 games
- March 17, 2014
The Liverpool Echo have a remarkable story on Monday about a 7-year-old boy who could be the next star to emerge from Merseyside.
Ben Trueman, who wears the number seven shirt for Haydock FC Under 7s, already has a huge reputation after he scored 128 goals in 18 games this season.
According to the Echo, that’s “the best record at that level since Michael Owen”, while the paper also report that the whippersnapper “has been at Liverpool FC’s academy since he was five and this season has also been to Everton, Manchester United and Manchester City academies as well.”
Kids in England can only be offered their first professional pre-contract from a team when they turn nine, and it’s unknown which club will eventually land the talented boy.
Paul Trueman, Ben’s dad, told the Echo: “He just wants to play every day and he gives 100% in every game. He loves football, he’s always walking round the house, kicking a ball around with a big smile on his face.”
Haydock FC Under 7s are currently top of the Warrington Junior Football League first division.
See footage of the kids in action here, and make sure to keep an eye on Ben Trueman in the #7 shirt.
- Slaven Bilic tries to explain West Ham’s incredible away form this season
- Chelsea & Liverpool lose, Kamara gets the giggles: Best of Soccer Saturday (video)
- Liverpool were sh*te, w*nk & Dejan Lovren was f*cking abysmal v West Ham (Redmen T...
- West Ham fan gets a tattoo to celebrate beating Liverpool 3-0 (Picture & Tweets)
- Dejan Lovren destroyed on Twitter as Liverpool lose 3-0 at home to West Ham
- Ex-Liverpool man Ryan Babel apologizes for sexist rant on Snapchat
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...