A 7-year-old boy from Liverpool is compared to Michael Owen after scoring 128 goals in 18 games
The Liverpool Echo have a remarkable story on Monday about a 7-year-old boy who could be the next star to emerge from Merseyside.
Ben Trueman, who wears the number seven shirt for Haydock FC Under 7s, already has a huge reputation after he scored 128 goals in 18 games this season.
According to the Echo, that’s “the best record at that level since Michael Owen”, while the paper also report that the whippersnapper “has been at Liverpool FC’s academy since he was five and this season has also been to Everton, Manchester United and Manchester City academies as well.”
Kids in England can only be offered their first professional pre-contract from a team when they turn nine, and it’s unknown which club will eventually land the talented boy.
Paul Trueman, Ben’s dad, told the Echo: “He just wants to play every day and he gives 100% in every game. He loves football, he’s always walking round the house, kicking a ball around with a big smile on his face.”
Haydock FC Under 7s are currently top of the Warrington Junior Football League first division.
See footage of the kids in action here, and make sure to keep an eye on Ben Trueman in the #7 shirt.
Watch Live Stream
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are worse at defending than under Brendan RodgersDecember 7, 2016
- Liverpool pair Lucas & Mignolet post pictures from Barcelona CL matchDecember 7, 2016
- Liverpool’s Loris Karius is actually outperforming Man United’s David De GeaDecember 7, 2016
- Liverpool fans will love Dirk Kuyt’s story about the stick he took from Manchester United fans (Video)December 6, 2016
- Paul Scholes cheekily hints he was better than Steven Gerrard (Videos)November 24, 2016
- Michael Owen baffled as to why Michael Carrick isn’t starting with Paul Pogba (Video)November 4, 2016
- Michael Owen picks apart Man United’s team, says most are not good enough (Video)November 3, 2016
- Michael Owen backs Barcelona’s Luis Suarez for Ballon d’Or [France Football]October 27, 2016