A 2nd division match in Lithuania is played on a stupid waterlogged pitch, leads to quality goal celebration
- September 23, 2013
Incredible images were recorded during a ridiculous football match in Lithunia last weekend.
The second division, I Lyga match between Silas and Trakai was played on a pitch that was more like a swamp.
The match turned into a complete joke as players struggled to maintain their balance – let alone pass the ball with any accuracy – on a surface covered in massive puddles.
Despite the atrocious conditions, Trakai won the match courtesy of a Nikolaj Misiuk header from a corner midway through the second half, and the goalscorer celebrated by leading a couple of teammates in a Klinsmann dive into one of the larger lakes on the pitch.
Watch a collection of lowlights from the Silas v Trakai match, together with a second video of the lone goal of the game.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...