- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
41-year-old Sao Paulo keeper Rogerio Ceni scores the 118th goal of his career v Bahia
Rogerio Ceni is a phenomenon!
The Sao Paulo goalkeeper increased his career goal tally to a whopping 118 on Wednesday evening, slotting home a classy penalty to put his side 1-0 up in the 13th minute against Bahia.
Not many teams would call upon their keeper to crash home a spot kick early in the match, Ceni, a set-piece specialist had no problem scoring.
Sao Paulo went on to win the match 2-0 and are currently second in the Campeonato Brasileiro.
At 41, this might be one of the final goals Rogerio Ceni scores, but we have said that before!
- Updated: July 17, 2014