£36m joint bid rejected, Everton want £25m EACH from United for Fellaini & Baines [Mirror/Guardian]
- August 29, 2013
According to the Guardian, Manchester United have seen another joint bid for Everton’s Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines, this time to the tune of £36 million (£38 million according to The Mirror), having previously come in with £28 million for the pair.
The Mirror follow up with the belief that Everton chairman Bill Kenwright will continue playing hard ball, and won’t accept anything less than £25 million for each player, effectively requiring a £50 million bid from United.
Roberto Martinez, meanwhile, is believed to have been left in the dark on this recent bid, and it appears likely that the chairman will be having the final say on the situation.
Martinez has, however, reiterated his exasperation and frustration with the ongoing speculation, insisting that out of respect for the fans and other players at the club, the window should be shut once the season begins (video below).
[gthumb id=”349291″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]