- Lionel Messi takes on Neymar in a Barcelona keepy-uppy challenge!
- Tottenham v Partizan [Team Sheets]
- Manchester United midfielder Ashley Young: We’re going for the title
- Arsenal injury list piles up as club have nine players sidelined [Graphic]
- Back Chelsea at a massive 9/2 to beat Sunderland on Saturday!
£36m joint bid rejected, Everton want £25m EACH from United for Fellaini & Baines [Mirror/Guardian]
According to the Guardian, Manchester United have seen another joint bid for Everton’s Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines, this time to the tune of £36 million (£38 million according to The Mirror), having previously come in with £28 million for the pair.
The Mirror follow up with the belief that Everton chairman Bill Kenwright will continue playing hard ball, and won’t accept anything less than £25 million for each player, effectively requiring a £50 million bid from United.
Roberto Martinez, meanwhile, is believed to have been left in the dark on this recent bid, and it appears likely that the chairman will be having the final say on the situation.
Martinez has, however, reiterated his exasperation and frustration with the ongoing speculation, insisting that out of respect for the fans and other players at the club, the window should be shut once the season begins (video below).
[gthumb id="349291" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: August 29, 2013