£30m Willian calls for Liverpool bid as Man United & Tottenham circle also [Friday Papers]
It looks like Willian’s agent has been in contact with a variety of newspapers in England on Thursday in order to help his client leave the sinking ship that is Anzhi Makhachkala.
The collapse of Anzhi Makhachkala is producing plenty of transfer rumours in the final weeks of the window, as the club’s highest earners are put in the shop window as the Russians attempt to slash expenses.
Anzhi are undergoing a fire sale due to financial problems, and within that context 25-year-old Willian is looking for new employers. Top of the playmaker’s wishlist, according to the Mirror, is Liverpool.
Brazil star Willian has BEGGED Liverpool to end his Russian misery… “There are conversations, and I am hoping in the next few days for an offer from a club like Liverpool,” he admitted. “If it is Liverpool, then they are a great club. The news came as a real shock, but I’m calm about it and hoping for the best, because I’ve been told they will help the players to go, if they get a good offer.”
The Mail also wade into the Willian transfer saga, claiming Manchester United are eager to add the player to their squad.
David Moyes has entered the race to bring £30million Brazil attacking midfielder Willian to the Barclays Premier League. The Anzhi Makhachkala player has already attracted the interest of Liverpool and Tottenham, but Manchester United could hijack those deals.
United, who are anxious to make a big-name signing, are being offered Real Madrid playmaker Mesut Ozil for £40m.
As for Tottenham’s interest in Willian, the Telegraph flesh out the story from the viewpoint of those at White Hart Lane.
[Willian is] open to a move to either Spurs or United… Willian is on the list of creative players – along with Roma’s Erik Lamela – that Villas-Boas and technical director Franco Baldini want to add to the Spurs squad as they sense an opportunity to challenge for honours.
Watch Live Stream
- Done Deal: Former Man United & Newcastle midfielder Gabriel Obertan moves to RussiaAugust 24, 2016
- Anzhi’s Bernard Berisha saves a pitch invader from being arrested (Video)August 1, 2016
- Anzhi Makhachkala footballer Gasan Magomedov (20) shot dead in his carJanuary 4, 2015
- Anzhi Makhachkala 0 – CSKA Moscow 3March 24, 2014
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis explains why he thinks Liverpool can win the title (Video)October 23, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Juan Mata admits Manchester United’s 4-0 defeat to Chelsea was painful (Video)October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Eric Bailly suffers ‘really bad’ injury in Man United defeat at ChelseaOctober 23, 2016