29 seconds and in! USMNT’s Clint Dempsey scores 5th fastest goal in World Cup history v Ghana [Vine]
- June 16, 2014
Clint Dempsey gave the US a dream start to the World Cup tonight, scoring with their first attack, after just 29 seconds – making it the 5th fastest goal in World Cup history.
The Seattle Sounders striker broke into the box with incredible power, beat a Ghana defender, and finished expertly into the bottom corner with his left foot.
Did he ever do anything even close to this at Spurs or Fulham?!
And it clearly meant a lot to coach Jurgen Klinsmann, watch his euphoric reaction below.
Fastest: Sukur 2002, 11 seconds; Masek 1962, 16 seconds; Lehner 1934, 25 seconds; Robson 1982, 27 seconds; Dempsey 2014, 29 seconds.
— Miguel Delaney (@MiguelDelaney) June 16, 2014
- Tottenham’s DeAndre Yedlin bags quality assist for USA v Panama (videos)
- USA 2 – Honduras 1: Clint Dempsey hit a match winning brace [Official highlights]
- Clint Dempsey scores Panenka penalty in USA win over Guatemala [Video]
- Scenes: Clint Dempsey sent off for Seattle after tearing up referee’s notebook [v...
- Oba Martins & Clint Dempsey finish off awesome Seattle Sounders team move [Video]
- Ex Spurs man Clint Dempsey scores twice for Seattle v New England, including a lovely t...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...