29 seconds and in! USMNT’s Clint Dempsey scores 5th fastest goal in World Cup history v Ghana [Vine]
- June 16, 2014
Clint Dempsey gave the US a dream start to the World Cup tonight, scoring with their first attack, after just 29 seconds – making it the 5th fastest goal in World Cup history.
The Seattle Sounders striker broke into the box with incredible power, beat a Ghana defender, and finished expertly into the bottom corner with his left foot.
Did he ever do anything even close to this at Spurs or Fulham?!
And it clearly meant a lot to coach Jurgen Klinsmann, watch his euphoric reaction below.
Fastest: Sukur 2002, 11 seconds; Masek 1962, 16 seconds; Lehner 1934, 25 seconds; Robson 1982, 27 seconds; Dempsey 2014, 29 seconds.
— Miguel Delaney (@MiguelDelaney) June 16, 2014
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]