£20m Liverpool bid for Dejan Lovren rebuffed, Croat to snub Saints pre-season to force exit [Daily Echo]
The Southern Daily Echo have reported on Thursday that Liverpool have had a £20m bid turned down by Southampton for Croatian international defender Dejan Lovren.
The Croat was arguably Southampton’s player of the season in 2013-14, in defensive terms anyway, and with Liverpool badly in need of defensive reinforcements, Brendan Rodgers has been rumoured for while to have identified Lovren as a likely defensive recruitment.
Having signed Adam Lallana from St Mary’s earlier in the week, Liverpool, however, are having a tougher time getting a deal for Lovren over the line.
Liverpool want to sign Lovren and it is understood that at least two approaches from the Reds have been knocked back this summer…
Liverpool are said to have [bid £20m] only for Saints to stand firm and knock back the offer, and the club will point to the four-year contract the player signed when he joined from Lyon in an £8.5m deal last summer.
In the face of a stubborn Southampton stance, Lovren, who has already posted his transfer notice at the club, is now being mooted to snub the Saints pre-season in an effort to force his exit to Anfield.
Watch Live Stream
- Philippe Coutinho’s Echo interview will be music to Liverpool fans’ earsSeptember 30, 2016
- Police investigating Liverpool Carpool after Dejan Lovren violates 4 traffic laws (Video)September 30, 2016
- EA Sports FIFA 17 snub Liverpool completely, double down on Everton [Instagram]September 30, 2016
- Swansea v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 29, 2016
- That irate West Ham fan was interviewed again after 3-0 Southampton defeat (Video)September 25, 2016
- Mark Noble gives incredibly honest post-match interview after West Ham 0 – Southampton 3 (Video)September 25, 2016
- West Ham fans call for Slaven Bilic’s head after 3-0 defeat at home to Southampton [Tweets]September 25, 2016
- West Ham a complete laughing stock as Southampton inflict 5th defeat in 6 [Tweets]September 25, 2016