£20m Liverpool bid for Dejan Lovren rebuffed, Croat to snub Saints pre-season to force exit [Daily Echo]
The Southern Daily Echo have reported on Thursday that Liverpool have had a £20m bid turned down by Southampton for Croatian international defender Dejan Lovren.
The Croat was arguably Southampton’s player of the season in 2013-14, in defensive terms anyway, and with Liverpool badly in need of defensive reinforcements, Brendan Rodgers has been rumoured for while to have identified Lovren as a likely defensive recruitment.
Having signed Adam Lallana from St Mary’s earlier in the week, Liverpool, however, are having a tougher time getting a deal for Lovren over the line.
Liverpool want to sign Lovren and it is understood that at least two approaches from the Reds have been knocked back this summer…
Liverpool are said to have [bid £20m] only for Saints to stand firm and knock back the offer, and the club will point to the four-year contract the player signed when he joined from Lyon in an £8.5m deal last summer.
In the face of a stubborn Southampton stance, Lovren, who has already posted his transfer notice at the club, is now being mooted to snub the Saints pre-season in an effort to force his exit to Anfield.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool bid £30m for Gremio striker Luan [Futebol da Gaucha]August 29, 2016
- Newbies Ragnar Klavan & Gini Wijnaldum perform their Liverpool initiation songs (Video)August 29, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp warns Daniel Sturridge that he’s fallen down pecking order at Liverpool [Mirror]August 28, 2016
- Tottenham’s Erik Lamela pictured eye gouging Liverpool’s Dejan LovrenAugust 28, 2016
- Southampton’s Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg follows up impressive display with articulate analysis (Video)August 20, 2016
- “He’s ready to play” – Jose Mourinho on Paul Pogba’s fitness pre Man United v Southampton (Video)August 18, 2016
- Man United v Southampton: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 18, 2016
- Paul Pogba set to start for Man United against Southampton [MEN]August 18, 2016