£20m Liverpool bid for Dejan Lovren rebuffed, Croat to snub Saints pre-season to force exit [Daily Echo]
- July 3, 2014
The Southern Daily Echo have reported on Thursday that Liverpool have had a £20m bid turned down by Southampton for Croatian international defender Dejan Lovren.
The Croat was arguably Southampton’s player of the season in 2013-14, in defensive terms anyway, and with Liverpool badly in need of defensive reinforcements, Brendan Rodgers has been rumoured for while to have identified Lovren as a likely defensive recruitment.
Having signed Adam Lallana from St Mary’s earlier in the week, Liverpool, however, are having a tougher time getting a deal for Lovren over the line.
Liverpool want to sign Lovren and it is understood that at least two approaches from the Reds have been knocked back this summer…
Liverpool are said to have [bid £20m] only for Saints to stand firm and knock back the offer, and the club will point to the four-year contract the player signed when he joined from Lyon in an £8.5m deal last summer.
In the face of a stubborn Southampton stance, Lovren, who has already posted his transfer notice at the club, is now being mooted to snub the Saints pre-season in an effort to force his exit to Anfield.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...