£20m Liverpool bid for Dejan Lovren rebuffed, Croat to snub Saints pre-season to force exit [Daily Echo]
The Southern Daily Echo have reported on Thursday that Liverpool have had a £20m bid turned down by Southampton for Croatian international defender Dejan Lovren.
The Croat was arguably Southampton’s player of the season in 2013-14, in defensive terms anyway, and with Liverpool badly in need of defensive reinforcements, Brendan Rodgers has been rumoured for while to have identified Lovren as a likely defensive recruitment.
Having signed Adam Lallana from St Mary’s earlier in the week, Liverpool, however, are having a tougher time getting a deal for Lovren over the line.
Liverpool want to sign Lovren and it is understood that at least two approaches from the Reds have been knocked back this summer…
Liverpool are said to have [bid £20m] only for Saints to stand firm and knock back the offer, and the club will point to the four-year contract the player signed when he joined from Lyon in an £8.5m deal last summer.
In the face of a stubborn Southampton stance, Lovren, who has already posted his transfer notice at the club, is now being mooted to snub the Saints pre-season in an effort to force his exit to Anfield.
Watch Live Stream
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are worse at defending than under Brendan RodgersDecember 7, 2016
- Liverpool pair Lucas & Mignolet post pictures from Barcelona CL matchDecember 7, 2016
- Liverpool’s Loris Karius is actually outperforming Man United’s David De GeaDecember 7, 2016
- Liverpool fans will love Dirk Kuyt’s story about the stick he took from Manchester United fans (Video)December 6, 2016
- Man United talks for Victor Lindelof stall, Mourinho to move for Southampton defender [Daily Record]December 5, 2016
- Southampton stun Arsenal at The Emirates in the EFL Cup (Official video)December 1, 2016
- Arsenal v Southampton: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsNovember 30, 2016
- Arsenal v Southampton: Watch a Live Stream of the EFL Cup quarter-finalNovember 29, 2016