20-year-old Gladbach keeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has signed for Barcelona (reports)
- February 13, 2013
Just as David De Gea was starring in the Bernabeu, Marca TV claimed Barcelona have already found their replacement for Victor Valdes.
Marc-Andre ter Stegen, one of the top young goalkeepers in world football, and just 20-years-old, has reportedly signed a pre-deal with Barcelona.
Marca TV suggest the young German will join for four seasons next summer with Victor Valdes set to run down his contract which has just 18 months left.
Valdes wants a different challenge and reports in recent days suggest the Barcelona keeper will leave this summer, with the destination, as of yet, undecided.
Ter Stegen has built up a reputation as one of the hottest prospects in European football having played regular Bundesliga football for Borussia Monchengladbach for four seasons.
In late January, Marc-Andre ter Stegen was linked with a move to Real Madrid and Gladbach swiftly denied the rumours, confirming the young custodian was contracted to the Bundesliga side until 2015.
A video of Marc-Andre ter Stegen’s best saves is below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...