20-year-old Gladbach keeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has signed for Barcelona (reports)
- February 13, 2013
Just as David De Gea was starring in the Bernabeu, Marca TV claimed Barcelona have already found their replacement for Victor Valdes.
Marc-Andre ter Stegen, one of the top young goalkeepers in world football, and just 20-years-old, has reportedly signed a pre-deal with Barcelona.
Marca TV suggest the young German will join for four seasons next summer with Victor Valdes set to run down his contract which has just 18 months left.
Valdes wants a different challenge and reports in recent days suggest the Barcelona keeper will leave this summer, with the destination, as of yet, undecided.
Ter Stegen has built up a reputation as one of the hottest prospects in European football having played regular Bundesliga football for Borussia Monchengladbach for four seasons.
In late January, Marc-Andre ter Stegen was linked with a move to Real Madrid and Gladbach swiftly denied the rumours, confirming the young custodian was contracted to the Bundesliga side until 2015.
A video of Marc-Andre ter Stegen’s best saves is below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi